Chapter 2

Persephone stood there in a mild state of shock, someone thought she was beautiful. She had heard her mother and those dogs tell her that before, but his saying was almost different.

" Thank you my lord but that still does not answer my question, Who are you? What is your purpose here? Persephone questioned him, almost scared of his answer. What if he chose to leave.

"My dear Persephone my purpose here is you." He walked towards her and grabbed her hand pulling her into a compromising position if anyone else were to walk in the fields. He leaned in towards her ear and whispered. "I wish to make you my queen, I'll give you half my kingdom, my whole heart, and anything you could possibly wish for all you have to do is simply be my queen."

Persephone stopped and her breath hitched as her heart started pumping the ichor in her veins faster than ever. "Who are you?" She questioned with the strongest voice she could muster up. The man smiled, took a step back, and bowed.

"Hades."

Persephone stood frozen. Hades, The god of the underworld wanted... her? She paused for a moment and pursed her lips in contemplation. This could be her escape. Zeus had opened a door. Knowingly or not. Her brain was moving a thousand miles an hour. But one thought ultimately stuck with her.

"Why?"  While her posture was strong and unrelenting her voice wavered with self-doubt and confidence.

" I only wish to allow you to have the freedom that has been taken from you. While most look past the horrors my sister has done to you I see it. She put the weight of the world with her demons on your shoulders and called it fate." He slowly backed away from her and grabbed her hand looking into her olive-green eyes "Let me love you."

 **AUTHORS NOTE** I have a cast in mind for Persephone and Hades, along with a few other people. Do you guys wanna see them? This is all prewritten but the newer writing has a different set-up because Persephone goes through a lot of flashbacks. The main change will be Hades talking won't be bolded and Persephone's won't be slanted. Please comment and star my story. Always feel free to point of things that are spelt wrong and don't make sense. Just be kind. Sorry this one is very short. Building up suspense. WORD COUNT: 309