Act 0, Part 5: Knights of Favonius

Mondstadt Region, Teyvat

(Y/N) remained silent at the question proposed from the young man, the two keeping their eyes locked in a tense silence, Amber's eyes switching between the two nervously, before she faked a cough into her hand, drawing the two's attention.

"Ehem...Stormterror...is attacking Mondstadt itself!" Amber pulled the two's attention, both sharing one more glance before they turned towards the Outrider.

"...I noticed." (Y/N) deadpanned, Amber giving a nervous laugh, before she shook her head.

"Well...(Y/N), Kaeya, we have to do something about this, in case it-" Amber began, only for a chuckle to interrupt her.

"Hold on, Amber. Are you perhaps forgetting to introduce us? I don't believe I've met our exotic fellows here..." The young man gave an amused, yet relaxed smile as his periwinkle-colored orb gazed at (Y/N) and Paimon.

"Oh...haha, right, my apologies. This is Kaeya, our Cavalry Captain. Kaeya, these two are Travelers from afar, (Y/N) and Paimon." Amber introduced them, the tension between the group remaining as Amber bit her lip, an intense silence between the two groups.

"...Paimon doesn't like this stare off." Paimon nervously switched between (Y/N) and Kaeya, who both seemed lost in thought as they remained in a deadlock.

"From afar? Is that all we know of them?" Kaeya narrowed his eye ever so slightly, his arms crossed in thought.

"Right...Um, long story short..." Amber began, drawing the two's attention as she retold all the recent events, Kaeya listening closely as (Y/N) and Paimon merely nodded in agreement to her words, filling in the Cavalry Captain.

"So that's how it is...I see now. Welcome to Mondstadt, though I'm afraid you haven't arrived at the best of times." Kaeya greeted in a friendly manner, his previous tension dissipating.

"These close friends of yours...if you're willing to go through this much trouble for them, I'm sure they must be like family to you. I...understand the anguish of being separated from family." Kaeya spoke, a somber conviction in his voice as (Y/N)'s eyes softened slightly, slowly lowering his guard.

"You...can say that." (Y/N) nodded in agreement, after all, he and the Twins were close enough to where they could be considered family. At least...he'd like to believe.

"I'm not really sure why your focus is on the Anemo God, but I suppose everyone has their secrets, no?" Kaeya gave an amused smile, a soft chuckle leaving his lips.

(Y/N) nodded in response, though his eyes narrowed.

"Haha, relax! I'm not going to press you for more details." Kaeya smiled, his gaze softening slightly.

"Thanks." (Y/N) smiled in return, the tension around the two dissipating as they smiled at each other, Paimon and Amber watching on, sharing a glance before they both shrugged. Guys were weird.

"Now then, first and foremost, on behalf of the Knights of Favonius, I would like to extend our thanks to you for your help just now in fending off the Dragon." Kaeya spoke with a sincere grin, (Y/N) shrugging as a relaxed smile formed on his face.

"Well, I was already caught up in the situation anyway, best course of action was to avert the disaster before it ever happened." (Y/N) spoke confidently, Kaeya laughing heartily at his words.