Act 0, Part 8: The Third Temple

Mondstadt Region, Teyvat

"That's another Temple down! Only one to go before we knock Stormterror down a notch!" Paimon smiled as she and (Y/N) walked out of the open gates of the Temple of the Wolf.

"Yeah. We've only got Miss Lisa left, and then we'll be able to weaken it. Although, considering its strength, I sorta wonder if weakening it will give us a fighting chance at all." (Y/N) spoke as he walked out of the Temple of the Wolf, the sunlight basking him and Paimon as they exited.

"Eh? But didn't you already beat it back once? Paimon thought you seemed pretty confident back then." Paimon crossed her arms behind her back, a curious shine in her dark purple orbs.

"Well...I'm confident in my abilities, but I'm pretty sure that burst of power came from that strange voice we heard in the air." (Y/N) reminded, crossing his arms as the two came to a momentary stop.

"Oh! Paimon almost forgot about that! Who was that voice anyway? They said something about turning the wind into your own power..." Paimon narrowed her eyes in thought, recalling the strange voice.

"I'm not really sure, but whoever they were, it's no doubt that their power is amazing. My Anemo powers reacted strongly to their presence, at least, and to such a terrifying extent where I was able to stand against something like Stormterror with barely any difficulty at all. I don't know who they are, but a person like that would be a terrifying enemy..." (Y/N) sighed, his gaze slightly narrowed as he remembered the voice. To turn the wind into his own...the power of a thousand winds...

Could it be...

"Well...Paimon doesn't think that they'll be our enemy. After all, they already helped us push back Stormterror once, so they're probably not our enemy." Paimon shrugged, a loose sigh leaving her lips as she placed her fists on her waist.

"I guess that's probably true. Anyway, we should probably get moving. I want to see if we can stop by Wagner before we go to Miss Lisa." (Y/N) casually waved his hand as he passed by Paimon, the small girl floating after him shortly.

"Where was the final Temple again?" Paimon asked curiously, (Y/N) pulling out the map Lisa had given him from within his satchel.

"Um...if I remember correctly, we need to pass by Mondstadt anyway to get to Miss Lisa...yeah, here it is." (Y/N) murmured as he looked at the map, Paimon over his shoulder as the two studied the map.

"We'll be passing by Mondstadt anyway, so I don't think a short visit to Wagner is out of the question." (Y/N) smiled, closing the map and placing it back in his satchel.

The two followed the path away from the Temple of the Wolf, greenery surrounding them as the grass swayed in the wind.

"Alright! Then let's not keep Miss Lisa waiting!" Paimon grinned, (Y/N) going to return the grin, only for his senses to suddenly flare up in alarm, grabbing Paimon before leaping back, a strange explosion of ice happening at their feet as he landed.

"Eep! What was that?!" Paimon squeaked as she slowly recovered, (Y/N) letting her go as he drew his sword, facing the mysterious assailant. The strange creature slowly raised its head, surprising the two. It wasn't quite humanoid, but bore a relatively tall presence, being much more flowerlike in appearance, almost as if a plant currently in blossom, having three large blue leaves cascading from the top of its form, with three smaller leaves cascading from its midsection, its yellow-lined orbs glaring at (Y/N) and Paimon. Three icy blue crystals seemed to hover around the strange creature, shining with a faint mist.