Calm

Still laying there, it seemed awkward. Never thought I could ever feel that way around Levi, but he was just sitting there as I was spread across the soft grass. The breeze still drifted across the sky, shaking the trees around us.

The time flew by, never speaking a word to each other, but I soon forgot his presence was even there. My eyes just gazed in wonder while my breathing was calm. A genuine beam spread across my face as the calmness of the area seeped into my body. The warm air slowly grew chilly as the sun fell.

I heard mumbling beside me, making me look in Levi's direction. "What?" I asked, seeing him shake his head as if he spoke no word. Cold air ran from my feet to my head. "Damn, it's cold." I said aloud, not even realizing I did so until Levi spoke.

"It is." He's more calm than I've ever seen or heard him be. Maybe it was the effect of the tree, since it made me calm, it probably rubbed off onto his mind aswell.

My grin increased as my eyes shut to witness this awesome, calm moment beside my favourite tree. Not only that, but Levi wasn't spitting verbal abuse at me, causing my body to remain still and not worked up.

My eyes were shut for awhile, but when I opened them, I felt myself within my old room. I stood quickly in shock, dashing towards my mirror to see myself as the eighteen year old I was when I killed my father.

"Honey, bring the kid down here, she broke a glass earlier today." My mother mouthed the same words as before.

"Coming." I heard my younger voice, turning my head to see her run towards the door, me following her steps.

"Hey! You don't ignore me!" My father yelped as she ran down the steps. He grabbed her by the neck, her not flinching. My body was in shock, watching the events play out in third person.

I noticed my younger self then kick my father in the groin, making me wince as I did so. I walked down the steps, passing my injured father as the time sped up. My eyes saw myself run and grab a knife so quickly, like my younger self had some form of unknown ability.

"Don't worry, dad. I'll say hi to Erwin for you." I heard myself speak behind me. Once I saw her pull her elbow back, my arm grabbed her. "Hey! Get off of me!" She screamed, swinging the knife around, getting sliced. I didn't care, I continued to pull her back as she attempted to release from my grip.

We found ourselves outside, right in front of my hideout. "Listen here! Don't you dare kill him!" I shouted, letting her go once she calmed herself.

"What?" Her head spun to face mine, her sorrowful green eyes piercing my own.

"Don't kill him." I restated, feeling a tear drop from the corner of my eye.

"But he hurt us." She didn't cry, she didn't speak with much emotion at all, except confusion.

"He did, but once you're older, you're going to feel like shit about it!" I leaned forward, feeling her excessive breathing hit my face. "If you kill him, your life will be a living hell. Just run away." I spoke, thinking to myself why I couldn't do so when I was this age.

"Run...away?" She asked lightly, her voice appearing more calm and stable. I nodded in response, looking into her eyes.

"Run." At that moment I saw her dash away, dropping the knife in the ground. She kept running forward towards a village, but I kept screaming.

"Run. Run. Run!" My body was excessively shaking, my eyes opening back into reality, lifting my body out of shock. My heart began to pound, breathing increased as I felt my blood run throughout my body.

"You ok?" Levi asked, kneeling by my side as I continued gasping, gripping my chest with my hand. "Hey, are you ok?" he repeated.

I looked towards him, calming my breathing, then looking down at the grass. My legs folded into a cross formation, turning my head to face his. "What happened?"