hair cut :eyes:

I FUCKING MIXED TWO SCENES AGAIN FUCKKKKKK

Ahem. I would like to formally apologize for this, I have a problem where my mind jumbles two scenes together and the result is incorrect writing. So, in this story (I can't believe I have to clarify this- I'm so fucking dumb hsjandjfkdd) it's after Ed, Ling, and Envy escape Gluttonys stomach. But, apparently Hawkeye and the Colonel are there (why have you forsaken me, memory??) and they don't go to Wrath afterwards...

please ignore my terrible memory :pensive:

story information: fmab, and i mixed up two scenes^. this one is also based off of the fic cover :0 so, if you wanted to kinda read something like that, here ya go!

tw// violence, gore

-

Edward gasped as he got thrown back by a kick.

He was in Fathers little "sanction" under central, fighting the newly made homunculus, Greed. He was strong; even with Ed's healed arm and ribs, he was sore and exhausted. Especially after all that energy he used to get out of Gluttony. Not an ideal condition to be fighting.

Sweating and heaving, his golden hair had long since fallen out of the ponytail it was held in. While no major injuries were on his body, there were many new cuts and bruising skin.

Ling-Greed-swipes at him with his hardened-claws, and Ed only barely blocks with his automail. This is too close, he realizes in his panic. He shouldn't be fighting.

Despite hating the anger, he swallows his pride for the sake of himself. Turn tail and run.

But, he only gets it to the turning part, his back towards the homunculus. Bad idea. He stumbles over the rubble as Greed jumps and swipes again. This time, Ed can't block, and he gets hit.

Right at the nape of the neck. It burns, and his claws run deep-but hopefully not too deep. That'll definitely leave a scar or two. He falls to the ground with a choked yelp. His automail is already dirty, broken and battered, but now with it hitting a bunch of rocks, there are probably some more dents in it.

"Fullmetal!" He hears the colonel yell right before Father speaks up. "Now, Greed. Don't kill him."

Envy's tail smacks into the ground somewhere near, but Ed doesn't know where exactly. Choked breaths and a burning wet neck keep him busy, stuck laying on the ground, wheezing. His human hand, cut up and bruised already, clenches against the hard, cold ground while his metal one is under him.

He has to get up-running was a bad idea in the first place, he doesn't know why he thought of it. Shaky arms lift him up and he is immediately dizzy from the blood loss.

He has to help! -

"Edward," Riza.

The young alchemist's vision clears up to see Hawkeye kneeling beside him. "Hey," her voice is quiet, "can you get up?" He hears the click of something, and looks over to see her placing one of her guns on the ground next to them. Greed isn't anywhere to be seen, but then again, Edward isn't looking.

Because that isn't all he sees.

Blood-of course-but also hair. Familiar Golden hair, littered across the ground.

Huh, is all he can think. As he unconsciously leans towards the lieutenant, putting his weight on her. Black dances in his vision and his head feels lighter, he doesn't fight the gravity.

It goes dark not too long after.

-0-

When Edward comes to, he is in a hospital; white walls and the smell of clean.

He sits up, where is Father? The homunculi? Alphonse? He goes to speak but is stopped when he feels a sting from his neck. Hissing, a hand shoots up to cradle the ache as he slowly sinks back down onto the uncomfortable bed.

"I would recommend you stay down, Fullmetal." A voice says, and Ed opens his eyes-he didn't realize he closed them-to see Hawkeye again, standing near the bed.

Edward lets go of what he now feels to be bandages and has his hand fall over his torso. "Lieutenant Hawkeye," he says mindfully, "mind telling me what I'm doing here?"

Riza nods, "you were hit on the back of the neck, badly too." She relaxes a little, "but it wasn't enough to do any permanent damage."

He sighs, and lifts his flesh hand to brush the bangs off his face and behind his ear.

...was it just him, or was his hair a little shorter?

"Um, Hawkeye?"

"You can call me Riza."

"Right, Riza." Ed nods absentmindedly, "is my hair..." he runs a hand towards the nape of his neck, where his injury is.

His hair cuts off just before the bandages.

"Shorter?"

Hawkeye-Riza-stands straight, but no emotions are clear on her face. "Would you like a mirror, sir?"

"Um," he pauses, is he sure he wanted to confirm if it was? Because he could totally ignore it... "yeah," he decides, "I would like one."

Riza nods and leaves the room quietly. Meanwhile, Ed keeps running his hand through his hair. His hand falls short at the nap of his neck, where it shouldn't.

It feels wrong, and the ends being choppy is not helping calm his mind. Hawkeye returns with a small pocket mirror a few minutes later, and Edward hesitantly takes it into his left, human hand.

What he sees is what he expected, but not what he wanted.

His hair, long and reaching past his collarbones, is cut. Choppy ends, uneven and crooked. The back is short while it get longer in the front...

His mind races back to when he caught Ling-Greed.

He doesn't say a word as he lets his hand and the mirror fall into his lap and he leans back. Riza stays silent.

Edward laughs a little, "guess it was time for a haircut," he smiles faintly at her. "I was getting to the point to where I started to looked like Hohenheim."