003

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I will now be changing the story from present Tense to past tense. I was too lazy to change it from chapter 1....so do with this as you must. Anyways, back to the story.

The next few days Phaedra and Annabeth seemed to avoid Percy

The next few days Phaedra and Annabeth seemed to avoid Percy. Well, Phaedra saw him when Chiron decided to try to teach him how to shoot an arrow. Long story short, he failed. Miserably. Chiron ended up having to detangle a stray arrow from his tail. Each morning Phaedra helped Annabeth teach Percy Ancient Greek.

After Phaedra had finished her archery practice, she decided to take a walk. As she was walking she heard a voice say, "Well, well, look who it is! Phaedra!" and she turned to look at the voice. It was Luke waving at her to come over. He was a in a circle of hermes kids, showing off and not teaching like his job makes him do.

"What's up Lukey?" she said as she jogged over. Luke groaned and said "You need to stop calling me that. It's embarrassing." Phaedra tilted her head with an innocent expression and said "Aww, really? We wouldn't want that.. Let me think about it...", she made a thinking expression, "No, I think I'll stick with 'Lukey', ok?"

Luke rolled his eyes and said "Whatever, flashlight," as he playfully shoved her causing her to laugh and feign offense, "So, are you going to stay and watch this practice, or are you going to continue your walk?"

Phaedra thought about it and said "You know what? I think I'll stay, it will give me a chance to see what the new kid can do." She whispered the last part to Luke so Percy couldn't hear. Luke nodded and gestured to the spot she could stand and watch closely without a chance of getting hurt.

"Okay, everybody circle up!" Luke ordered. "If Percy doesn't mind, I want to give you a little demo."

"Hey, Luke, do you think this is going to be a good idea, especially for the new kid?" Phaedra said to him, giving him a weary glance and looking at Percy kind of concerned, which kind of confused Percy because he thought that she didn't care about what happened to him. Or really about a lot for that matter.

Luke gave her a look that said 'it's gonna be alright.' and Phaedra asked him "Are you sure?" Luke rolled his eyes and told her in a tone that seemed weird to Phaedra "I'm not gonna hurt him. Stop worrying like you like him." Phaedra shoved him playfully as she blushed and said "Shut up, I don't like him. I just don't want you to kill him in the midst of this." gesturing to the class.

"I won't kill him. He'll be fine, flashlight." Luke told her with a smile and she nodded and went back to her spot to watch.

Luke told everybody he was going to demonstrate a disarming technique: how to twist the enemy's blade with the flat of your own sword so that he had no choice but to drop his weapon.

"This is difficult," he stressed. "I've had it used against me. No laughing at Percy, now. Most swordsmen have to work years to master this technique." Phaedra rolled her eyes when she heard Swordsmen.