Chapter 1

Eric walked up to me.

"Heyy, you know about the winter formal coming up right? Would you, maybe, like to be my date to the dance?" He asked.

I frantically looked around.

"A-are you talking to me?" I asked him.

"Of course I'm talking to you Arie- You said you would help me practice asking Esty to the dance." he replied.

"Oh- yes that. Do you wanna do that again?" I said.

"Nope. It's more fun to surprise you." He said

Why did I think he was asking me? I knew he was going to ask Esty. UGH. Hold it together Arie. It's time to get over that-that- idiot.

Sigh. I just hope that Esty accepts his proposal. I don't want to see Eric go through another heartbreak...

"Hey, what's going on in that tiny head of yours." He said, bending down and tapping my head. "The bell just rang. Let's get to class."

"First of all, you didn't have to BEND down just to tap my head. You're only a few inches taller than me!" I remarked.

"Four inches to be exact!" He said.

"Whatever, let's just head to class. What class do we have now? Is it our last class?" I asked, exhausted from all our classes that day.

"We have English now and no, that is not our last class. We still have math and music after that." Eric replied.

Ugh. English. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my English class and English as a subject, it's just that Esty is in that class. She is actually in another section, But since there are less English teachers this year, some classes have been clubbed together just for English.

Anyways, Eric is always staring at her. I mean ALWAYS. He always has that goofy smile on his face and he acts like there's no one else in the room other than him and Esther. What's even more annoying is that Esty also stares at him and occasionally gives a smile back. 

Like, Hellooo, I'm sitting right next to you idiot, maybe talk to me? Or you both could maybe pay attention to the class. But of course its not because I'm jealous! Why would I be? I got over Eric already! I'm just saying this for his own good!

"What are you kids doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in class?" The janitor asked, walking up to us.

"Oh no! Please don't give us a ticket! I promise it won't happen again! I can't have a ticket!" Eric pleaded as his voice filled with panic.

If you didn't notice, Eric is a goody-two-shoes. He wasn't like this before though. Two years ago when he met Esty, he found out (somehow) that she only likes good guys? Or something like that. Ever since then, he's tried his best to stay out of any trouble.

"Ugh, I'm too tired to deal with you two. Just go to your class." The janitor said walking away.

"OK, no more goofing around, let's get to class." He said.

After five minutes of being scolded by Eric, we reached our class. We made up some dumb excuse that I lost my books and Eric was helping me look for it.

"I think the teacher believed us." I whispered to Eric as we made our ways to our seats. 

"Oh, don't think I let you both off the hook that easily. I will be changing your seats for my class. Hmm, let me see. Eric, switch places with Esther." The teacher said, just as we were about to sit down.

Oh great, Now not only do I have to watch Esty and Eric flirting with each other, but I also have to sit with someone I barely know. Well, I can't exactly say that I barely know Esty. She's literally all that Eric talks about 24/7. 

Then our teacher started the class. Approximately eighty people were sitting in this class, and Esty and I were seated in the last row.

"Hey, It's nice to see you." Esther said.

"Uh, hey....nice to see you too...." I replied.

******************************************

A/n: Hey everyone, this is one of my first stories, I hope you all like it <3

Also btw the girl in the picture is supposed to be Esther. Esty is the nickname of Esther.

The italic text is talking and the underlined italic text is Arie's thoughts.