Chapter 3

"Um I appreciate this, I really do, but I-I can't. I like someone else at the moment..." She responded.

...Huh? wtf?

"Oh... That's ok....." Eric said with a poker face. Then he just walked away, towards me.

"Oh you're here. Then you probably know what happened" He said sulking.

"Hey, um, it's ok! She doesn't know what she's missing out on! You'll find someone better." I said, trying my best.

"Hahaha, you trying to console me is not working but it's funny to see you try." He said laughing and crying.

I'm still so confused. I thought Esty liked Eric! Whenever she walked by our lockers she stared at him. Even in English class and the cafeteria!

"I'm just....confused.....I thought you knew that she liked me." Eric said wiping his tears.

"So am I, she always stares at you..." I said.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, did you never notice? She would stare at you in English class the whole time, and even in the cafeteria." I said.

"Oh. I thought she was looking behind me or next to me." He said. Then I realized that was probably true.

Shit. If that's true then I have been gaslighting Eric. Ughhhhh. He broke up with his girlfriend a month ago because he liked Esty. Now I made him break up and have a heart break all in the same month!

"Ah, well it wasn't your fault." Eric said.

"What do you mean?? I was the one who told you to break up with Hazel. I was also the one who told you that Esty likes you!" I said, mostly mad at myself.

"Well that is true, but I didn't like Hazel anyways. It's not your fault that you thought Esty likes me." He said, his voice breaking a bit. 

I knew that he was really sad about it and he just didn't want me to feel bad.

*********************************************

After school,

I live in an apartment with my friend Lindsay. Both of us ran away from our abusive parents and we learned to live on our own. We are seventeen years old so we are technically adults. We aren't allowed to own the apartment that we currently live in but its owned my Linds (Lindsay's nickname) brother.

I reached home and flopped on my bed.

"Ugh" I said.

"What happened?" Lindsay asked me.

Then I explained the whole situation to her.

"...Wow...." She said, "That is...a lot of shit....my class is always so quiet...."

"Ikr!" I said.

"Well, what can you do now? The damage is done." Lindsay said.

Just then I got an idea.

"Do you know where Esther lives?" I asked her.

"Uhh, yea...we're in the same study group...why?" Lindsay said.

"Gimme her address." I demanded.

"But what are you going to do with it..?" Lindsay asked.

"Oh. I'm just going to pay her a visit." I said with a smile.

"Ook, I'm just gonna ignore the fact that you might murder her and send you her address.." Lindsay said.

"I knew I could count on you!" I said.

************************************************

A/n: Hey guys, I really wanted to upload a new part today so I'm sorry if its a little short hehe.