Chapter 2

The rest of the class went by almost normally. Keyword: almost.

Eric was staring at Esty; which is normal, but Esty wasn't staring at him.

Huh. Weird. I hope she just forgot or something today because she couldn't have stopped liking him....or could she? Wait, has he been taking too long??? OK, plan.

Then I texted him.

Me: ERIC. YOU HAVE TO ASK ESTY OUT TODAY.

Idiot (Eric <3): Huh? Didn't you tell me to wait?

Me: Yea, ik I did, but I think she got the idea that u don't like her because you're taking so long to ask her.

Idiot (Eric <3): Oh wow, just great *facepalm*

Me: You can still save it though!!

Idiot (Eric <3): How?

Me: Ok, here's the plan, right after English, ask Esty if she wants to have lunch with you. I'm pretty sure she will say yes, but if she doesn't then ask her there only.

Idiot (<3): Are you sure this will work?

Me: Yes!!

Idiot (Eric <3): Ok....I'm trusting you....

Just then the bell rang. I went out of the class before Eric and Esty to watch the magic happen. Well maybe also so that I accept that Eric doesn't like me, but that's not the point!

Then I saw Eric walking out of the class followed by Esty. I was just around the corner so they couldn't see me, but I could see them. When everyone had left Eric asked Esty to talk to him. I could hear them very clearly from where I was.

"Hey Esther, do you want to have lunch with me?" Eric asked with nervousness plastered on his face.

"Oh, don't you usually sit with Arie?" Esty asked Eric.

"Yea but she wanted to sit with some other friends today." Eric said.

"Oh.." Esther said, sounding surprised. "I thought you were her only friend..." Esther mumbled.

"Did you say something?" Eric asked

"Ah it was nothing. Anyways, I need to do some homework during lunch so I can't sorry." Esther said.

"Oh, that's ok, but can I ask you a question?" Eric asked.

She Nodded and then Eric went on one knee, handing her a flower.

"Will you go to the winter formal dance with me?" He asked, really blushed.

Esther was so surprised by his question.

Shouldn't.....she be happy? Doesn't she like him?

"Um I appreciate this, I really do, but I-I can't....I like someone else at the moment..." She responded.

*******************************************

A/n: Hey guys, Sorry that this chapter is a little short. I just wanted to end the chapter like this hehe. Anyways, I realized that there will also be a lot of texting, so all the Bold texts are chats. Hope you enjoyed the story!