Chapter 6

I wonder why she suddenly wanted to stop but ok...

"We can sit at my desk." Esty said, dumping all her stuff on her bed.

"Just a random question, how do you sleep with all of this on your bed?" I asked.

"Oh when I go to sleep, I put everything on my table." Esty replied.

"Then how do you use your table??" I asked, confused.

"When I use my table I move everything to the bed." She said, like this was normal.

"Then what's the point of your shelves??" I asked, starting to get annoyed. She had at least 3 whole shelves, while I had only 1 at home which Lindsay and I share.

"Eh, I'm too lazy to go to the shelf and get it every time." She responded.

I just looked at her for a second, and then like a mom I started picking up all her books and neatly arranging them on her table.

"I don't know which shelf they go into so I'm keeping them here. You keep it inside." I said.

Then I saw a bag that was very visibly a laundry bag, and put all the clothes on the bed into the bag.

"Woahh, how did you know I had to put my clothes there?" Esty asked, amazed.

"Well, Esty, it was very obvious." I said.

"Esty?" She asked.

Oh. Wait. Eric came up with that nickname- I've never actually called her that-

"That's uh...such a cute...name....you can call me that if you want to." Esty said, looking at her feet and fiddling with her hands. 

I just stood there like an idiot.

Wow, amazing, now you made her uncomfortable! I can't take it back now as well.

"Oh by the way, I didn't realize your table was white." I said.

"Rightt. I forgot that my bedsheet was blue!" Esty followed.

Thank god she's easily distracted. Wait her bedsheets are blue?? They looks green-

"Anyways, Thanks a lot! But I think we should start the chapter.." Esty said.

"Right...the chapter." I said.

I cleared my doubts and then somehow we started studying the chapter together. I didn't check the time at all until I got a call from Lindsay.

"Hey Esty, my roommate is calling me so I'll just take this call and come." I said.

I wonder why Lindsay's calling me....she almost never calls me.

I picked up the call to hear Linds screaming, "WHEREEE THE FUCK ARE YOU?? DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE TIME??"

"Woah woah woah, you called me for that?? I haven't checked the time recently...what is the time?" I said "Did you seriously call me for that though? It's probably like 6 pm...."

" *Sigh* IT'S LITERALLY 8:30 PM. YOU LEFT THE HOUSE AT 4. DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS. YOU DIDN'T EVEN MESSAGE ME." Lindsay screamed.

"Wait, I've been with Esty for 4 and a half hours????" I said.

"Huh?? Who's Esty??" Lindsay asked.

Shit I keep forgetting that no one else uses that name.

"Uh, I mean Esther..." I said.

Then there was silence for what felt like eternity.

"So let me get this straight...you have been at ESTHER's house, the same Esther that your crush likes and the same Esther that broke your best friend's heart, for 4 and a half hours, without even realizing. Oh and you have a nick name for her now" Lindsay said in a calmer voice.

"Yes......? But to be fair- Eric gave her that nickname" I said.

"You know what. I don't even care anymore, your coming back home right now and we'll talk about this tomorrow." Lindsay said, with an annoyed tone.

"Ugh fine."