Lessons learned

A/n; more of Ivy's past comes to light in this chapter and tbh I couldn't be bothered to write the whole episode

Ivory Curtis had barely recovered for Elle's departure when she arrived back at work one day, a month later. She took a deep breath as she embarked on the mission to the round table room where the team sat with a new member, already.

"Ivory" Spencer says as he sees the familiar person stood at the door, wearing form fitting clothes for the first time in around a month "Emily prentiss, this is Dr Ivory Curtis" the two females instantly recognise each other, "well if it isn't Ivy Curtis" Emily chuckles,
"I still can't believe these two made you profile that random man, you'd just been accepted into John Hopkins, right, you where what? 15"Ivy nods sitting down beside Spencer and folding one leg over the other when she notices hotchs displeased face "what do we know?"  Jj begins "the dea raided what they thought was a hardened meth lab, right here in northern Virginia, but they found this instead" jj flashes a picture across the screen "that could be a dispersal for a chemical weapon, it looks advanced" morgan explains "home land security is thinking Al-Queda" Emily and Ivy share a look, the battle of the women who know Arabic "they're called Al ikhterra" Emily begins before Ivory finishes her sentence "literally the invention" jj slides a sheet of paper between the two female agents as they read it together, aloud "our friends surprised us and eloped, we can no longer wait for the wedding as planned, we can deliver our gift at the next crescent"

Gideon, Spencer, Ivory and Emily make their way onto the jet. For the first time other than Ivory someone has challenged Gideon. To be honest, Ivory had been challenging gideons profiling skills since the two (well three) met at a mutual family friends dinner:

For a 15 year old, Ivory Curtis was incredibly advanced, she had already graduated high school and was currently on 'spring break' awaiting her acceptance from John Hopkins. James and rose bundled their youngest daughter into their car "now Ives, we need you to be polite, your fathers friends are very prestigious members of the government and they may feel...threatened by your abilities" rose explained to her daughter who was busy fussing with the tool on her blush pink gown.

Samuel Joshua (her fathers friend) and current director of the fbi possibly had one of the largest houses ivorys green eyes had ever seen. The house was filled with expensive gold ornaments and a harp player that played a gentle tune over the warm chatter. Ivory and her parents instantly came into contact with the first guest, a tall slender woman with black hair. the girl, who Ivy assumes is her daughter was almost a carbon copy of the woman but dressed in an elegant red gown with small lace flowers. The two girls made eye contact and the dark haired one nodded to an empty table.

Both girls struggled to sit with their large dresses "I'm Emily by the way, and I hate these parties" she laughed sipping her champagne "and I'm Ivory, aren't you a little to young to be drinking, especially around FBI agents?" Emily laughed at ivorys worry "I'm 25" Ivory nodded "exactly 10 years older than me, wow" Emily was shocked by this "I swear my mom said that you just got into John Hopkins?" Ivy nods "I did"