Seven seconds

Tw: sexual assault, rape, child abuse/abduction, panic attacks, trophies.

The sound of the ornate grandfather clock located in the hallway of Ivory Curtis' red brick house rang through the walls.

For the past year or so she's lived in this house Spencer Reid keeps reminding her to get it tuned as the sound it currently makes is that of a screaming banshee.

She sits upright, her slumber disturbed by the noise and she notices the sound of soft snores beside her. Spencer. She is now hyper aware of how she fell asleep...on Spencer.

Ivy gently shakes him awake "Spence...Spencer" her voice is as quiet as a mouse. She's taken back to the time that Derek called him a deep sleeper, and god is he.

The grandfather clock sounds again, it's unnecessarily insistent and banshee like scream once again rattling the walls. This time it seems to do the trick, awaking the sleeping man "w-what time is it?" He stutters, rubbing his eyes to rid them of their morning haze "7am. You fell asleep on my sofa and you're asking what time it is?!" Ivy says, shocked by his list of priorities "Yes. And if you're wondering why you woke up asleep on me it's because last night you fell asleep whilst watching 10 things I hate about you and then woke up crying because you had a bad dream. and in an attempt to comfort you, I hugged you and you fell back to sleep. Then I watched a shark tale"
"Right...I have banana bread in the kitchen, breakfast?"
"Breakfast sounds good"

After the news of an urgent case, Spencer changes into clothes from his go bag and Ivy quickly changes into a black trouser and blazer set with a white cowl neck cami underneath that she's of course paired with docs.

The mall is swarming with just about every law enforcement officer the mall security can get their hands on "we've been in lockdown for almost 20 minutes and my teams fulling in motion" James Franklin from CARD says as soon as the team step foot in the door "another female taken from essentially the same location" Emily sighs as she clips her commes system to her belt "what makes you sure she's still here?" Derek inquires
"The malls got cameras at every entrance and exit. Surveillance Gideon confirms she entered the building but there's no sign of her leaving. Security paged her over the intercom and their initial sweep came up empty" Franklin explains "whoever killed Jessica Davis, left the mall with her because he wanted time with his victim in privacy" Reid grimaces
"Assuming it's the same offender he wouldn't leave here without his victim. He would not stray from his mo. So if Katie is still under this roof, so is her abductor" Ivy concludes as she ties her hair into a ponytail "Garcia, report to the mall security. Reid, Morgan, I want you to find the head of security, we need all the data from every search team. Jj, prentiss, start with Katie's parents. Curtis, you're with me"

Franklin, hotchner and Curtis head up the escalator "if this offender so much as looks at me wrong when we get him" Franklin threatens "I read the Jessica Davis report, I know you found the remains last week" Aaron sympathises with the man "Ivy, if the parents receive a ransom note, I need you on that"

Hotch and Curtis enter the room where the family are "agent hotchner and dr Curtis, also with the bau." Jj states as the two rush over to the laptop on the table "this image was captured moments before your nephew reported Katie missing" jj says, flashing the image upon the screen "oh god" her father sighs "I know the angles limited, but is there anyone or anything in the frame that you recognise?" The father leans into the computer "uh...no-no" the dad confirms.
"Katie has asthma and she needs her inhaler" the mother sobs.

"h-how-how could someone just take her in front of all of those people?"
"That's what we are trying to figure out" Ivy reply's to the fathers question "how do you plan on doing that?" He questions
"We are working on retracing Katie's steps. We're going over surveillance footage, we're searching every crack and crevice under this roof" she explains
"I want to be out there looking for my girl" the dad decides "I'd want to be doing the same thing, but when an abduction is reported, the parents are debriefed separately. It's more efficient that way"