𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛-𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐

(A/N) so listen. i wanted to title to sound nice, okay??? maybe it's cringy but i don't care—

also, i may or may not have a thing for slow dancing without experience for it :]

—————

It was late at night— or, wait,  was it early morning?  You didn't know.  Nevertheless, it was a time you should've been sleeping, but instead you were watching cheesy romance films with Ruv for whatever reason. 

It was actually quite nice,  despite the repeating tropes, drama, and second-hand embarrassment, because you were cuddling with Ruv. 
Really, that could make even the worst movie seem okay, so long as you were spending time with him.

You hadn't bothered to look at the clock, because then you would feel obliged to be responsible and go to sleep, or get Ruv to sleep.

So, here you were,  unaware of how long you had spent binging movies and TV shows with your boyfriend.

You felt a little hungry, so you got up to get a snack, Ruv following closely after.  You picked out (F/S) and happily munched on it, letting Ruv take a few.

Soft music was playing in the background, along with the faint chatter of the movie protagonists, who were sitting under the stars together since you last saw. You sighed, maybe you would go stargazing with Ruv someday.

You wistfully thought about going out with him and glanced to the TV screen. The characters were dancing now, out of nowhere, and you suddenly felt like you wanted to try.

You tapped Ruv on the shoulder and held your hand out for him to grab. After a second, he understood, and, albeit with confusion, put his hand in yours.

You pulled him away from the counter and stole a glance at the screen, just to get an idea of what you were doing, since you didn't have a clue.
You led his free hand to your waist, and he blinked at you, his face dusted pink.

"What are..." he trailed off, and you shushed him,  pulling him to the center of the kitchen.

"Now,  we sway.  I think,"  you said, not really sure of what you were doing.  You were going off the tiniest piece of knowledge of dancing, so you really didn't know how to start.  In the burst of spontaneity, you hadn't thought this through.

You swayed a bit awkwardly before eventually relaxing into it.  Even though you had no idea what you were doing, it was actually fun,  swaying to the soft sound of the slow music together.  You tried doing some kind of waltz move type of thing, and almost tripped on Ruv's foot,  making him step on your toe,  and you stumbled again.

You started laughing at how clumsy it all was.  With all the uneven swaying and moving around uncoordinatedly, you probably looked like, well, clumsy idiots.  However,  it was just the two of you, so neither of you worried about that two much.

At some point, you had gotten the hang of it, and fell into rhythm with the soft music still playing, though your rhythm was a bit.. syncopated. Otherwise, you thought you were doing well. Though, you were pretty sure that if a professional dancer saw you, they would cry.

Anyways, you were having a lot of fun, simply swaying around the kitchen to the softening beat of the music.
The music started quieting and you felt yourself drifting to sleep, even if you were upright and standing.

You fell asleep strangely and felt Ruv support you, lifting you up and taking you away to your bedroom.

You rested and woke later in the morning with Ruv right by your side, peacefully asleep.

—————

(A/N) i actually don't know what this chapter was— I'll probably end up editing this later cause it was kind of short— 617 words :(

anyways, have a nice day :]]