Chapter 12

"Wake up Cupcake," Luke whispered moving hair out of her face. She groaned and tried to snuggle closer to him. He chuckled softly and kissed her eyes, "Come on wake up, lets sneak downstairs and make chocolate chip pancakes before North wakes up."

She sat up and smiled softly. Rubbing her eyes, she held her arms out and he beamed as he picked her up and carried her downstairs. She sat on the counter where she could keep an eye out on the stairs while he quietly worked in the kitchen. Just as he poured the last of the batter she giggled and said, "North Star help Im stuck!"

"What are you doing on the counter Baby?" he asked gruffly and walked over to where she was essentially blocking his view of Luke. She gave him a tight hug then rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Dont rub your eyes Baby, you will hurt them," he said pulling her hands off her eyes and locked her fingers in with his. "Now what are you doing on the counter Baby?"

"Always carried me downstairs and went to make me a drink. He put me here so I wouldnt fall and get hurt while he got me a drink," she said softly.

"Here it is Cupcake," Luke said handing her a cup of milk. "Its strawberry so North doesnt complain. I have to get more chocolate from the store before I can sneak you chocolate milk."

She giggled and North grumbled about plain milk being healthier but strawberry was better than chocolate. "Come on Cupcake, breakfast is ready." Luke smiled and North carried her to the table.

"Chocolate chip pancakes Lucian!" North growled at the plate placed in front of her.

"I asked for them North Star, please dont," She pouted and he rolled his eyes.

"Just this once but youre getting fruit with it," he sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Thank you," She smiled softly. "Can I have grapes and cantaloupe and watermelon please?"

"Of course Baby," he smiled kissing her forehead. He left to get her fruit for her and Luke winked at her. After a few minutes of silence she frowned. She called out to North and he smiled softly, "Im still in the kitchen Baby, Im just cutting up your cantaloupe and watermelon for you." He said as he placed the fruit in a bowl for her. They all have noticed that they had to talk to her if she couldnt see them while they were doing something. They assumed it was just one of her ways of making sure they were still there for her. "Are you still good on milk Baby?" She said she was fine and he put everything away before bringing her the bowl of mixed fruit.

"Later today the Toma team is coming back over Cupcake," Luke said and she pouted.

"It will be fine Darling," Owen said coming in and sitting next to her. "Mr. Toma has something he wants to say to you."

"Do I have to?" She asked popping a grape into her mouth.

"Just listen to him Peanut," Nathan said stealing one of her grapes while North glared at him.

"Mr. B put him in his fucking place Trouble," Gabriel giggled pulling her hair out of her face. "You should have seen his face once he left Mr. Bs office. It was great."

"If I have to," she whispered while intertwining her fingers with Owens.

"We need their help Darling," Owen said as she laid her head on his shoulder. "But if they make another comment we will make them leave and figure out another way." She smiled softly and squeezed his hand gently.

Just then Maries phone went off and she put it on speaker then answered it, "Hello?"

"I found you my lovely Marie," a deep voice chuckled and she froze in fear. "Why did you go back to those men who broke your heart? I watched you mourn as they left you heartbroken."

"They didnt break my heart, I broke theirs," She argued as she watched Owen type away furiously on his phone. "I left them, they didnt leave me."

"Then why are you back with them when I would never hurt you," The voice growled.

"But you did," She gasped. "You scared me by entering my home without me knowing and I told you to stop and you still did. You hurt me so much and I dont even know who you are."

"Dont lie Marie!" the voice yelled and she flinched. "You see me everyday and smile at me every time you see me!"

"Im not lying" she shook her head. "I smiled at everyone just to be nice, I dont know you."

"Quit lying!" the voice yelled more and she whimpered. "You are mine Marie and I will make you remember me!" The phone went silent and she burst into tears.

"I swear I dont know who it is!" She hiccupped and Owen pulled her into his lap. "I swear Owen I dont know who that is, I swear it."

"I know Darling, I know," he whispered rubbing her back.

"We need to find this fucker now," Gabriel whispered as they watched her cry herself to sleep on Owens chest.