Chapter 19. Artan.

"Get in!"

Trevor and Dylan arrived just when we needed them the most. Amy and I quickly got in the car without looking back.

"Hit the gas Trevor!" Amy exclaimed.

Amy and I are now catching our breaths. "Who are those people B?"

My hands are shaking. I could not believe what just happened. Oh my god. They found me. How did they find me?

"B!!!" Amy is now holding my arms while shaking me.

"The Russian Mafia, they are after me." I stare in front of me blankly. I feel like my brain stopped functioning.

"What?" Amy said almost shouting.

"Belle, it's not what you think it is." Dylan said, interrupting us.

"Uh in case you haven't noticed brother, this is not the right time to talk about your infidelity!" Amy scolded Dylan.

"I'm not talking about...." Dylan lets out a frustrated sigh. "I'm talking about those men. They were looking after you Belle. They are protecting you. They are Alexei's men." What? I feel like I'm being choked. The lump in my throat is slowly suffocating me.

I am so confused right now. Alexei? But those men are from the Russian Mafia. Those are cold blooded criminals. Why are they even connected to Alexei?

"Please pull over Trevor." I said blankly. I need answers from Dylan and I need them now.

"Trevor please?" Amy said, backing me up. Trevor pulled over while glancing at the rear view mirror.

"Get out of the car Dylan. I want to talk to you." He stepped out from the front passenger seat. I walked around the back of the car to face Dylan who is now standing on the sidewalk. Amy stepped down from her side of the car and faced her brother while her arms are intertwined in front of her.

Dylan's face is already kind of swollen from the fight but that did not stop me from landing a slap on his face. Dammit my hand hurts.

"That's for betraying me." Dylan just accepted my slap like a gentleman that he is.

"Now talk Dy."

"Alexei and I settled our score. We found a common ground and that is to find and protect you. Alexei never stopped looking for you. One night he called and said he already found you. That is how I was able to get you at the motel." My heart is beating a thousand times while my brain is trying to process everything. "Since then, they have been following and protecting you, all in Alexei's orders." At this point my body crumbled down like a loose sandbag. I dropped to the the ground in disbelief. Everything is slowly making sense now.

"But those men, those men are from the Russian Mafia, Dylan!"

"Talk to Alexei Belle. I can't answer your questions. I have to hold my end of the deal."

"Deal? What deal?" Amy butts in.

"We both take care of Belle but when this time comes, he will be the one to tell you what you need to know. I'm sorry Belle."

This is what Nikolai and Alexei are not telling me about. Their tough security details, the tattoos, the guns, his father and Yelena's death. All of these boils down to one fact. They are the Boss and the Underboss of the Russian Mafia. My Nikolai and Alexei are criminals. They are monsters.

My tears are now falling down fave. Amy bent down and held me in a tight embrace. "Oh B, what have you ever done to deserve this?" I am asking the same question to myself, A.