Chapter 4.

Belle's POV

Sawyer and I just finished our lunch together. Sawyer is really nice and sweet. Sometimes he's quiet, perhaps too quiet but every time I engage him in a conversation, he would sincerely oblige. We also have grown close together. I feel comfortable sharing my thoughts to him and I think Sawyer feels the same way.

"So, let me get this right. You challenged a group of teenagers to play baseball. Yes?"

"Yup."

"And you are dragging me to the game even if I'd rather stay here."

"Uhuh."

Sawyer lets out a sigh of defeat. "What are you doing?" He said.

"Getting you a shirt and some pants. Unless of course you want to go nude, I wouldn't mind." I said teasingly while scanning Sawyer's closet. "Here, this would be fine." I went towards his direction and handed him a shirt and pants. Sawyer crossed both his arms in front of him like a stubborn child. "Really? Really now Sawyer? Are you seriously getting shy on me right now? I have practically seen everything except of course the uhhh... you know." Sawyer's face slowly turned red.

"How many times do I have to tell you Belle that I'm not an invalid! I can put my clothes on my own."

"Just please let me do my job Sawyer. You know, you're stubborn like that Tom Sawyer kid from the book. And speaking of Tom Sawyer, that kid is a complete gentleman even though he is terribly hard headed. He's really nice with girls too, especially with Becky. So please just be nice to me just like Thomas Sawyer." I give him the puppy face.

"You know, you're the only person I know who wins an argument by telling a children's story." Sawyer said in defeat.

"Yay. Okay so chop chop. I don't want to be late." Honestly, I really want Sawyer to get some fresh air. He only gets to go outside the house during his therapy sessions. Otherwise, he just stays in his room, sulking. I want him to be around people.

Matty and his gang were already there when we arrivedat the baseball field.

"Hey kids, ready to eat some dust?" I approached them all too confidently. "Okay so here's the deal, I'm only up for at least 5 innings. Are you good with that?" Truth be told I think my legs would not be able to keep up with my enthusiasm. Since that incident when I fell more than twelve steps down the stairs in one of the buildings back in college, my activities had become limited to non-straineous ones as per my father's advise or to be exact his order.

"Fine." Matty exclaimed.

While stretching, I see Sawyer smirk. "What?" I mouthed.

Sawyer just shook his head in response. My heart is filled with joy everytime I see Sawyer smile. I can see in his eyes that he is sincerely happy. I could never ask for more.

At the fifth inning, I was able to hit a homerun. The ball went over the fence, to Matty's dismay. They were all in awe as I made the run.

"Yay! Did you see that Sawyer? I killed it!" Sawyer lets out a laugh from his stomach. Oh thank you heavens for this wonderful day and for putting a smile on Sawyer's face.

"You know, you're really badass." Said Matty as he and his teammates approach my direction.

"Well thank you very much." I made a small curt in response. "So are we cool?"

"Yeh, we cool." Said Matty.

I walked towards Sawyer while the boys went to pick up their things.

"Wow Belle, I didn't expect that you have it in you." Sawyer sounded amazed.

"To be honest, I also didn't know I still have the grip. I guess I just got lucky." Sawyer shook his head in response.