003

Edited
11/3/2021 12:31pm
10:30   June 11  2021

Narrator POV

Corpse was still tricked, it's been a couple weeks, and he tried to go to the flower shop, peek through the window, never seeing her in there. Maybe he didn't come at the time she did.

But today was gonna be his last time, the same time he came last time, hopefully she would be there.
He made sure he had the money he owed her in hand, he thought about giving it to the lady, that would be easier, but he was intrigued to speak to her again.

Even though with his anxiety, when he first met her, it suddenly disappeared.

She seemed not to know him, not able to find her on twitter, assuming she looks like someone who wouldn't, no offense of course.

He inches closer to the shop, if she wasn't there, he walked up to the lady and ask her to give it to her.
He breathed in as he got to the front door, making sure his mask was on.

As he was about to reach for the door, the door opened, "Oh i'm so sorry, I should watch when i leave" that voice made him freeze, he looked slowly up at the person.

"It's you.." Corpse spoke, the girl giggled, "It's me?"
he looked down, he grabbed the money from his hoodie pocket, handing it to her. "What are you doing"
"Paying you back" She chuckled, Corpse felt embarrassed.

"You don't need too, I did it as a nice offer, showing kindness" I slowly moved my head up, her smile brightens up his whole world.

"Would you like to join me for" she took a moment to grab her phone from her back pocket. "lunch?" she finished. "If you're not busy" He couldn't respond, he just simply nodded.

She waved to the lady, shutting the door.
"Im Y/N" she put her hand out, his hand shaking, he awkwardly took it in his.
"Corpse" even though his voice was muffled, she heard him clearly. "Corpse is an unusual name"

"It's a nickname" she nodded, understanding.
"Well, i know a good little cafe up the street who serve pretty good sandwiches" he nodded.

"Well then Corpse, care to follow me" she spoke in a British accent, which he smiled too, but she didn't see, barely even able to see his eyes, so he nodded, following her beside her.

The walk was quiet, y/n seemed to want to start a conversation, but she got the sense he wasn't much of a talker.

Which relaxed her, she liked everything quiet, specially people, not in a mean way, she liked the peace and quiet, but Ava and Marsh, weren't, but she enjoyed it. If it was to quiet she'd go insane.

They were now sat at a small round table, Corpse drinking a cup of black coffee with two chocolate chips cookies with a triangle cut sandwich.
Y/N had a glass of (f/d) with a favorite sandwich.

Your POV

"So what were you doing on this fine California afternoon." Corpse froze from taking a bite from his sandwich, he kept his face down like he was hiding his face. He seemed to take a quick look around before lifting his head covering his mouth, placing his sandwich on his plate.

"I was, well this is kinda embarrassing, I was going to check if you were at the shop, to pay you back" My eyes widened.

"That's sweet of you, but I sure can not take it" I denied, he shook his head, "Well I want to pay you back" his voice was smaller then usual, he seemed to notice a girl in her teens, she was wearing shorts, a hoodie, with a design drawn in red.

The girl had two other friends with her as they walked up to the cashier.
"Do you know her?" I whispered, he shook his head no.

"It's no worry, i thought she was my sister" i nodded. "Why are you whispering" he shrugged.

I took a sip of my glass of (f/d), "So, do you have any pets?" He shook his head no, I nodded. "Do you?" I nodded. "My cat Pierce, my roommate has a cat name Linx and my other roommate has a snake called Akira Fudo"
"Like from Devil Man Crybay?" He questioned, "Shes a huge fan"

"They're your roommates?" I smiled, "Yeah, Im kinda a third wheel" I put up a peace sigh.

"That must be interesting" He sipped his coffee.
"Do you work?" I asked, He seemed to get nervous.
"Only if you mind sharing!" I scrambled, he chuckled.

"I'm a business worker online" I took a another bite of my sandwich.
My phone started to ring, I apologized, "Excuse me really quick" I looked to see it was Marsh, I answered putting it up to my ear.

"AVAISTRYINGTOCOOK!!" I re-attracted my phone from my ear. Corpse looked up confused, "What is she trying to cook?"
"MAC AND CHEESE! Ava! Babe put that down" I giggled, "would you like me to come home?" Marsh replied with a fast yes before going back to yelling at Ava.

"I'll be on my way" and I hung up.
"Do you have to leave?" I nodded, "I'm so sorry, but my roommate isn't the best at cooking" I held my hand up, the waiter came up with the bill.

"I'll pay" Corpse insisted, "No, i asked you out, let me pay" Corpse tensed up. I quickly handed the man the money, and told him to run off, politely of course.

"I must go" Corpse looked up at me, his mask on his face. I was finally able to see his eyes, a pretty Dark Brown. "But i-" I smiled at him. "Thank you for joining me for lunch, we should again sometime"

i leaned down and kissed him on his cheek, the little skin on his face due to his mask. "See you" I waved and walked out.

corpse softly touched his cheek, right where she had laid a kiss. "this was.. a date? and a kiss" He tensed up.

y/n..

"I never got her number—"