Chapter 1- Day 1

Annalise
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I pushed the hair out of my face, almost to the finish line. My legs pumped harder than before, my body ready to give out. I could hear my shallowed breaths as my heart felt as if it could burst at any second.

"Six minutes and fifteen seconds. Not bad, Princess." Damien patted my head as I breathed heavily, finally crossing the imaginary line. He made it there a minute earlier than I, and didn't seem fazed by the intense run.

Damn him.

"I told you not to... call me that." I panted out, placing my hands above my head so I could breathe better.

"Why do you have a sudden interest in exercising with me? I'm glad you're trying to stay healthy, but you don't have to push yourself so hard." He gave a worried glance, handing me a glass of water.

"I'm not pushing myself too hard." I played it off cool, drinking every drop the glass of water happened to offer. Damien took the glass from me, changing the tone.

"I know what I want to do for my birthday tomorrow."

"What are we doing?"

"Who says you're involved?" He glared down at me. My breath caught, and I looked up at him with doe eyes. If I had thought my heart was beating fast while running, I was sorely mistaken. He couldn't possibly not want to see me on his birthday. Was I being selfish? I'd just thought we made plans-

"I'm just kidding, sweetheart." His poker face broke, throwing his head back in laughter. I tried to slap his arm, but he caught my hand, running his lips over my knuckles smoothly. I shivered, hating how easily he distracted me, yet I relished in it all the same.

"That wasn't funny."

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." He still held a smirk on his face. Damien placed the stray hairs from my ponytail behind my ear, his hand curling around my chin to force my attention to him.

"You know there isn't anywhere else I'd rather be than with you. Birthday or not." He gave me a gentle kiss, and I still couldn't get over the butterflies that rose in my stomach by his unexpected actions. Once I opened my eyes, he was already walking away.

"Damien!" I yelled at him, running to his side.

"Yes?"

I grabbed his hand softly,"I love you."

His eyes softened, taking in my appearance. Even with my sweaty hair, armpit-stained shirt and glistening forehead, he still looked at me as if I was a statue in an art museum that was worth millions of deltorian coins. His gray, cloudy eyes seemed to lighten, and his brilliant white teeth shone through his smile. The kind of smile he only seemed to give me. "I love you too."

As we walked back to the palace, I tightened my grip on his hand. We walked in comfortable silence, taking in the view around us. I had a feeling he was thinking about how he wanted to relish in this moment together, with the clear skies and birds chirping mindlessly. Yet I knew better.

He is coming to Descuvi with me wether he likes it or not. I won't be able to find my father without him by my side, and unite our kingdoms once again. This was something we had to do together. I won't leave his side, and he's told me countless amount of times that he would follow me to the end of the world.

I'll hold him to that.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"How did training go with Damien?" Hazalen sat on the bed as I changed out of my workout attire, and Henry was intently reading a magazine.

"It went well, but I think he's suspicious."

"You think he knows you're the lost Princess, and that we are going on an epic quest to Descuvi?" She gaped at me, her eyes wide.

I rolled my eyes,"No silly, he's confused why I want to train with him. My newfound interest has come at an odd time, don't you think?"

"I guess so. He knows you better than anybody, Annalise."

"Don't I know it." I muttered, walking into the bathroom to wash my face.

I heard Henry groan from the bedroom,"I'm going to miss these."

"Magazines?" Hazalen asked.

"How else am I supposed to keep with the drama in Deltora? I will never find out if the husband of the Heron family cheated or not. It's one of the biggest scandals of the year! I met him at the last ball and I am certain he is gay."

"You can't assume somebody's sexuality, Henry."

"He grabbed my ass, Hazalen."

"Oh." She contemplated the information.

"Have you talked to the cargo ship captain yet?" I walked back into the room feeling refreshed. Henry frowned, placing the magazine in his lap. I tensed up and sat on the bed with them.

This can't be good.

"He said the next ship doesn't leave until Sunday." Henry glanced at us both, waiting for our reactions.

"But Princess Amelia arrives this weekend. We don't even know when the wedding will be." Hazalen remarks, angry at the situation.

"It can't be this weekend, right?" I ask them, but stare at Henry.

"There is a possibility the wedding could take place sooner than we think. Once the Princess arrives, she's going to get every chance she can to be in Damien's presence, so have to act fast."

"How are we supposed to do that if we can't even leave until Sunday?" I asked, standing up from the bed. I absentmindedly paced the room, anxiety rising in my chest.

The wedding is going to happen this weekend.

"We need to tell Jack and Landon."

"That's in phase four-"

"Fuck the phases, Henry. King Eggar is not going to miss the chance for big boobs and Damien to seal the deal. He's acting with impulse, so we have to speed up our plan according to his."

"So how are we going to tell them? The plan was to tell them later in the week so that they wouldn't expose us to Damien yet." Henry asked me, a little frustrated that all his hard work is being rearranged again.

"I know." Hazalen pipes up, and we both turn to her. "We should act like Annalise doesn't know she's the lost Princess yet. That way, they won't tell Damien. There would be so use if Annalise doesn't even 'know' herself."

I smile at her and Henry taps his chin in thought. I was so glad I told Hazalen about my heritage. I felt a weight lifted off my chest, and it brought us even closer. She was more intelligent than I assumed her to be, not just in school but tactical like Landon.

"That could work." Henry concluded.

"Damien and I have plans for his birthday tomorrow, so while we are gone you could tell them." I heaved a sigh, wondering how they will react.

"It'll be alright, Annalise. Just have fun with Damien and don't worry about it." Henry winked at me, giving a pat on my back.

"You guys are planning on doing the dirty right?" Hazalen teased me.

"No, they are making love." Henry protested, smacking her leg. She gasped out, throwing the magazine at his face.

"Are you scared?" She asked me.

"Surprisingly, no. He's the only person I would ever want in bed with me. I trust him with my life, so I think I can trust him with my virginity."