Chapter 3- Govi and Mona

Annalise
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I swear, if you wanted me to wear a bathing suit so you could view my ass on the way to your birthday lunch, you will not receive your present." I pushed back another branch, continuing to walk through the Unio forest.

I felt a slap on my ass, and I spun around with a furious look. I couldn't help but be mad when I was met with Damien's soft lips, and on instinct our tongues met. I almost felt embarrassed by his easy manipulation, but didn't have time to think.

"Come on, I have a big surprise ahead." He walked in front of me, grabbing my hand from behind. I felt tingles rise from my fingers up to my shoulder and I held back a shiver at the small contact. I decided to let the incident slide.

"Today is supposed to be about you, Damien."

"It's about both of us." He looked back, a soft glimmer in his eyes. I gulped nervously, knowing what was to come. I wasn't as nervous as I was excited, and I realized that I needed to relax.

"What's in that basket?"

"Why are you asking so many questions, sweet cheeks?"

"I don't trust you."

"We both know that's not true." He didn't look back at me, purposely swatting a branch in my direction. I could hear the smirk in his voice,"Maybe it's because you're nervous."

I groaned out,"I'm not nervous."

"Then why are you gripping my hand so tightly?" I looked down to view that my hand was indeed, clutching his with unneeded pressure. I tried to let go of it to prove a point but he wouldn't let me.

We walk the rest of the way in silence as I viewed the greenery around me, not wanting to argue about the fact that I was indeed nervous for what we had planned. I once told Damien he was the only person I would ever want to loose my virginity to and I meant it. He is, and will always be the only person who can send my heart into overdrive with a simple touch.

"Here we are."

The waterfall?

Unlike in Blackberry season, the waterfall was soaring with life, streams of water cascading into an dark hole below. I let my hand drift through the water, realizing I had once seen my father in the reflection of it when it was frozen. I looked down at what seemed like an endless, black hole below, wondering what could be down there.

Damien wrapped the basket tighter, making sure the straps were secure. I watched with anxiety as he held the basket over the waterfall, and dropped it down the hole.

"What are you doing?"

"Placing the basket at our date. We have to eat somehow."

"Down there?" I shift my gaze from him to the dark hole below, seeming endless. I heard the basket splash, so I knew there was water to break the fall.

Before I knew it, Damien was scooping me up in his arms. I started kicking him, not wanting to plunge into the dark abyss.

"By the gods, I am not going down in that black hole."

"Good thing the gods aren't willing you to do so. I am." He flashes a dashing smile at me, the bastard believing he was smooth. I honestly wanted to rub the shine from his teeth away, hating how perfect they were.