Chapter 6- Day 3: Amelia's Arrival

Annalise
*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning, I was expecting to wake up in Damien's arms. Instead, I felt a looming presence over me. I knew this wasn't Damien by it's slim, tall figure. Feeling vulnerable in bed, I pushed the body away, screaming with fright.

"I told you that would only scare her."

"But she's awake now, isn't she?"

Henry and Hazalen both stood in front of me, amusement in their eyes. I scowled at Henry, pulling the covers up to my neck.

"That's not how you wake up a Princess." I joke around, turning over to go back to sleep. It was early, and the sun had just begun to rise.

What could they want?

"You have to see this, Annalise. It's not good," Henry pulled off my covers, and I rolled my eyes in protest. He threw a robe over me, and rushed me to Damien's patio.

"What is all this about?" I rub my eyes, adjusting to the sunrise.

Hazalen pointed below us,"We made it just in time."

The loud sound of fanfare awoke me, my eyebrows rising. I watched as Damien stood tall, his crown glistening in the morning sun. His father stood next to him draped in exquisite robes and metals. A long, red carpet covered the front entrance stairs of the castle. The whole occasion seemed very extravagant.

They were welcoming Princess Amelia.

A royal carriage arrived, followed by ten more. Of corse, Princess Amelia had visited for the BlackBerry ball in the past, but this time she brought her whole entourage.

I had never seen such a decked out carriage before- gold trims spiraled up the sides like thorns, and the horses were a fine breed, with silk coverings over their ears. They pranced in unison, as if they trained every day for such an arrival like this. A navy and dark-purple striped flag waved on the top of it, with gold entrails on the side.

Tarzla's whole persona screamed money and power.

The royal carriage stopped, but the music did not. The Tarzlian royals would not exit the carriage until it ceased. The whole ordeal felt so dramatic, and I wanted to scream in annoyance.

Once the music stopped, I held my breath. The door was opened by a servant, and they placed a stool below the door.

"Now announcing their arrival to Deltora, our honored guests from Tarzlia: King Jabba and Queen Regina."

Out walked King Jabba, his tan hand catching the doorknob for support. He helped his Queen out, holding her hand so she could to walk beside him.

"The bride-to-be of Prince Daruis of Deltora, Princess Amelia."

I felt my throat close up as she walked out of the carriage due to her attire. Her dress was completely gold beaded, with sides cut out below her breasts. It had a zig-zag design, showing her body off seductively. The tops of her crown were pointed like sharp teeth, and it could easily be used as a weapon.

"I've seen many things in my days, but this is simply atrocious." Henry remarked beside me with a scoff. His eyes were wide, taking in her dress with surprise and disgust.

"Your father would never let Jack marry somebody like that." Hazalen scoffed, not being able to take her eyes off of her.

"It's like a game trying to find something I like about it."

My eyes cut to Damien, watching is reaction. I saw his clasped hands tighten in annoyance as he squinted at her, almost glaring. I find King Eggar smiling at them. It was as if he was delirious at the sight of the Tarzlian King, like he was a forbidden fruit. I felt unease at the way he stared at Jabba, as if he was a god of sorts.