Chai

⨪⁙———————⁙⨪"We can dance while we wait

⨪⁙———————⁙⨪
"We can dance while we wait.."
⨪⁙———————⁙⨪

It was late into the day, the afternoon was old as children played outdoors in Liyue's streets. Your home in the city was humble, big enough for you and your dear lover whom at the time was still at work.

You laid there on the couch, well, in an odd position at least; your feet were kicked over the back of it where your head would be and your torso and head where you would be sitting. with a book in hand, you killed time by reading all the available books inside the home, there was only a few stacks of books at the least in the house itself.

Xingqiu, a sweet young boy that offered to spare a book or two that he recommended you look into, he mentioned something about the shattered halberd. When he found out you already read it he was pleasantly surprised but to be fair you were one of the first people to read the first copy back when it was first produced.

But he didn't know that, and he didn't need to.

On the flip side, living life as a 'mortal' was proving difficult, unlike Morax..or Zhongli you could still visit the adepti freely. Still able to make almond tofu for Xiao, talk about the past with madam ping or even help Ganyu with her work from time to time. Zhongli however was hell bent on playing the convincing role of a mortal human resident of Liyue.

In reality he was struggling, it would be even worse if you couldn't help support him on his spending issues. But considering you've spent over four thousand years with the block head, you've grown accustomed to his habits and pet peeves.

Getting out of your odd position on the couch, you set the book on the table and wandered over to the window. Outside, bards played traditional Liyue music. a refreshing tune filling your ears, leaving the window open while you went to the kitchen to brew tea. Humming along to the music and swaying a little to the beat, as if dancing.

Then when the door suddenly opened and closed loudly, you stopped your actions and peeked around the corner. Eyes narrowing as Zhongli removed his coat and dress shoes before he entered, looking around until his narrow amber eyes found you. "Good afternoon, my dear" he glanced out the open window, then back at you.

"Traditional music, not often played in the city anymore" His tone was sad but luckily you had just the thing to cheer him up. "It's alright, it's refreshing to hear. I started brewing tea just now, once it's finished would you like some?" his eyes were tired as he sluggishly made his way to you, embracing you in a warm hug.

"ah..what's this for?" he hummed, his voice low and slightly hoarse "i am tired, being near you makes one feel better" you laughed into his chest "You're talking like the adepti again" he grinned. "Force of habit.."

He placed his hands on your waist as you wrapped your arms around his neck, gazing at each other's eyes for moments. "How was work?" he shrugged, "Director Hu is as unreasonable as ever, though it was particularly calm today, giving me plenty of time to review contracts and paper work"

"Ugh, sounds horrible"

He chuckled lowly, rubbing small circled or your hip with his thumb, then without missing a beat; he slowly began to sway to the quiet music playing outside. "you're such a lovebug when you're tired.." he rested his chin on your head.

he then brought his hand up to fiddle with the other earring, sharing every similarity with his own. "that tickles.." he smiled sweetly, pecking a quick kiss on the side of your head "Don't you want to take a nap while we wait for the tea?" you asked, looking up into his tired gaze as he shook his head.

"We can dance here while we wait.."

With your arms around his neck and his around your waist, you could easily undo his hair clip and run your hands through his hair. This little desire needed fulfilment as he had some of the softest hair ever and when he was tired it was just the thing that would make him sleepy, that or some osmanthus wine that he constantly rambles about.

After getting the clip undone, you tossed it onto the table and laughed. "You sure you're not gonna pass out on your feet?" he blinked, sighing before letting go of your waist leaving you sad and a little cold. "Come take a nap with me while the tea brews, please?"

You giggled, standing on your toes to kiss his nose before skipping away to the bedroom as he sluggishly followed suit.

Soon the whistle of the teapot ruined the moment.