Diluc🧨

You stepped closer to the doors to the manor, the mid afternoon sun hounded the earth with it's scolding golden rays. You gently knocked on the door; looking around as you waited for someone to answer, workers were doing their thing but no maids were in sight.

Then the door opened, you were expecting to see Adeline since she was usually the one to answer the door but to your surprise Diluc answered himself. You put a hand on your hip "What are you doing here?" he asked "Adeline wanted me to come help with somethin, where is she?" Diluc scowled, "It's the maids day off".

You scratched your head and sighed, "I came all the way here for nothing.." you grumbled and shrugged "Ah well, I'm gonna pick some of your grapes as compensation" you turned away and stepped off the stone porch, "Hold on" you stopped. "What is it? It's my day off too so please don't tell me to go back to the tavern".

The red head sighed, "No, since the manor is empty today i have no one to play a game of chess with; you seem like the most viable partner" you crossed your arms. "I know you don't have wine here so there isn't really a reason for me to stay.." you tapped your chin, "Buuut i guess i can stay for one game" you stepped inside and he closed the door behind you.

"Couldn't you bother your butler for a game of chess?" you inquired as you made way to the table the chess board sat on. "He's off as well, went to Liyue for a few days" you sighed and sat down, "Would you like to go first?" he asked politely "Sure" you moved one of the pieces forward and waited for him to make a move.

"So Diluc, i've had a question to ask you for a while" he made his move and you went on to think for a moment then move a piece forward. He hummed, letting you know he was listening.

"As the Darknight hero, do you fight just the abyss or all manor of evil?" he raised his head in alarm, "How di-" you made another move, claiming one of his pawns. "The only time there is activity in the city is when you're bartending and every time we close up the tavern i see you leaving with a cloak and a mask tucked under your arm" his crimson eyes narrowed.

"This could all by chopped up into a coincidence but the icing on the cake is the fact that the Darknight hero has a pyro vision, red hair and is most likely very wealthy, with that description i think only one person comes to mind" you claimed another one of his pawns. He glared at you with such ferocity that you thought you'd catch fire then and there.

"What're you going to do, silence me?" you leaned forward against your elbows with a little grin on your face, The closer you observed him and every expression he made the quicker you noticed how his gaze was occasionally wandering to your lips then back to your eyes.

However before you could question it, he stood up and leaned across the table managing to knock over almost all the chess pieces, he held your chin; his lips roughly connecting with yours. Amidst your surprise he sneaked his other hand up to gently hold your face.

"Mmh!" as badly as you wanted to pull away it was difficult, Diluc smelled likes grapes and despite the fact that he loathes to drink wine, he tasted like wine, He was almost as intoxicating too. You lifted your hand up and gently squeezed his wrist, he opened his eyes slightly before parting from you but he still leaned over the table inches from your face.

"That.." you grazed your lips with your fingers "..wow" he sighed, "Sorry.." he muttered and leaned back, "No no come back" he blinked in confusion, But he complied.

He got up from his seat; stepping over the fallen king and queen chess pieces on his small wonder to you, then he once again leaned down to meet your height. "I'm back now, what do you want me to do?" you smiled softly, "Kiss me like you mean it this time" his eyes narrowed and a small smile showed up on his pretty face.

"As you wish.." he whispered, leaning closer much slower this time and kissing you much softer then before, he rubbed your cheek with his thumb; you leaned back with a pleased smile on your face. "I originally came here just because Adeline needed medicine delivered from the cathedral..then i ended up exposing your secret and now you're silencing me with kisses..heh wow".

He glanced off to the sighed, "You're lucky i like you" with his attention averted elsewhere, you kissed his cheek to bring it back to you. "You only like me because i own the winery" you wrapped your arms around his shoulder and undid his hair tie to run your hand through his hair.

"No..i just love your sense of justice, and how you struggle through thick and thin to protect Mondstadt; your winery is just a plus" you tilted your head as Diluc lowered his head. "Don't hide your face, c'mon~" you lifted his chin to be met with a surprise when you saw his face, "Diluc..why're you crying..?" he rubbed his eyes and sighed.

"i'm not" you softly smiled, "You can cry, i'm not one to judge" he swallowed hard and hid his face in your lap since you were still sitting in a chair. "Hm..you've been alone ever since your dad died huh.." you stroked his head with a melancholy gaze, "Being inside the social circle of business men leads to you faking your attitude a lot huh.." .

He stood up; his face red but no tears fled from his eyes "I'm not busy today, are you?"

Surprise replaced his sad expression in a heart beat as he nodded his head, "Good, how about you and i go take a nap ok?" Diluc didn't like the feeling of being babied that he getting from your tone so to flip the situation on it's head he picked you up good old fashion bridal style.

"I'm the one trying to make you feel better, why're you carrying me?" he remained silent as he sniffled a few times.

"Fine, i don't have a problem with this~" you leaned against his chest and listened to his heart beat, "Love you.." he went stiff for a moment as if he wasn't expecting those words to leave your mouth. But he continued on as you started to doze off, waiting to be tossed onto the bed.