Chapter 2: Captive

Captive

I powered up some time later, though my helm felt like it had been beaten with a plasma hammer multiple times.  I tried to place a servo on my helm to help with the pain, but for some reason I couldn’t move.  I opened my optics and saw that I was suspended in a room with one dim light, my peds hanging off the floor and my arms secured to the ceiling with chains.  My legs had been latched together with a restraining clamp, preventing me from kicking about, and I saw a table with several tools off to one side.

I tried wiggling around to see if I could slip my bonds, but the chains were too tight and the clamp wouldn’t come off unless I had the key.  So, I fell limp again for a few moments, although my thoughts were interrupted as the door slid open.  A red mech walked in with a smug grin on his white faceplate, followed by the purple one-eyed wonder himself.  My mother had told me stories about Shockwave and Knockout, but seeing them in real life put a whole new perspective on things.

Knockout walked over to the table and fiddled with several of the tools, tools I knew I was going to be experiencing first-servo if I didn’t cooperate.  Meanwhile, Shockwave walked up and scanned me with a tool in his single servo, his expressionless faceplate giving away nothing as he read the scan results.

“Intriguing.”  He said as his single red optic lifted to meet my own, “It would seem we have captured a sparkling that has only been active for nine solar cycles.”

Knockout scoffed as he hefted an Energon prod with one servo, “Impossible.  Your scanner must be faulty Shockwave.  This femme is at least fifty vorns old or more.”  He walked up and took the scanner from Shockwave, his optics narrowed as he inspected the readings himself.  After looking from the scanner to me and back several times, his lip plating split into a sadistic grin.  “I stand corrected Shockwave.”  He handed the scanner back to the larger mech before stepping up to me, “My you are a pretty one for being so young.”

I flinched as he ran a servo down the side of my faceplate, “Keep your servos to yourself you crazy ‘Con!”

He chuckled as he pulled back, “Ooh, feisty.  I like a femme with some fire in her spark!”

I growled at him and swung my legs forward to kick his chest plating.  He slid back a few steps but otherwise he wasn’t hurt.  However, the edge of my peds had left several scratches in his paint, and I silently cursed as I braced for the firestorm.

Knockout gaped at the long gashes I had made in his finish and clenched his dentas as he marched up to me once more, “Do you know how long it took to polish that?!”  His servo snaked out and I cried out in pain as he slapped me across the cheek with his claw-like digits.  I could feel Energon running down my faceplate from several cuts, and I ground my dentas in an attempt to not start crying.  The last thing I wanted was to give the ‘Cons the pleasure of seeing me cry.

I braced as Knockout wound up for another strike, but he was stopped by Shockwave before he could complete the movement.  The red mech gave Shockwave a withering glare, but lowered his arm with a frustrated vent.  “Must you always ruin my fun?”

“Your reaction to minimal damage is illogical.”  Shockwave said in his usual drawl, “You are unharmed and therefore should not damage Lord Megatron’s prisoner before he can interrogate her.”