Chapter 8: The Final Battle

The Final Battle

I powered up the next morning, smiling to myself as I felt Predaking’s arm around my waist.  I rolled to the side and looked over my shoulder plate at him, hearing his soft snoring as I spotted his powered down optics.  I gently removed his arm so I could get up, though as I walked to the other side of the room I heard him shift slightly, followed by a soft pulse of love through our bond.

I turned around and smiled at him, “Good morning sweetspark.”

He grunted as he pushed into a sitting position, “Did you have to get up so early?  I had quite a workout last night if you remember.”

I rolled my optics as I chuckled softly, “As a matter of fact I do remember, given that workout was spearing me with that tree you call a spike!” 

He laughed as he stood up, gazing down at me with a raised optic ridge, “If I remember correctly you quite enjoyed having my ‘tree’ stuffed inside you.”  He snagged my hip with one servo and pulled me into his chest plates, my faceplate flushing as he looked into my optics with a lustful expression, “Care to go again?”

I shook my helm slowly, a bit flustered by his forwardness, “No thank you.  I’m still a bit sore from last time.”  I pushed away and walked over to the door, swaying my hips a bit to tease him, “But I might be willing later tonight.”  I peeked over my shoulder plate at him with half-shuttered optics.  “That is, if you can make me want it bad enough.”

He growled deep in his chest and I laughed as I raced down the hallways, though as I turned my helm forward so I could see where I was going, I realized I had run straight into the bridge, a dead end.  I looked around for a place to hide, but as my optics trailed up the windows that covered the front half of the bridge, my optics widened in shock and I fell to my knees as I heard Predaking race up behind me.

He seemed to sense my shock as he knelt down next to me, “What’s wrong?”

I couldn’t speak.  My spark was the only thing I could hear in my audio receptors beside Predaking’s voice.  All I could do was lift one arm weakly and point to the object that had been mounted on the wall.  Predaking followed my arm and hissed like a steam vent as he spotted what was displayed for all to see.

My severed wing had been mounted on the wall, and below it was a plaque that read, The fate of those who defy me.

Neither Predaking or I needed to ask who had placed my wing there.  We both knew that no one but Megatron would dare put such an item in plain view, and with such a blatant message to explain its presence.  My spark twisted in horror and my vision faded in and out of darkness as I struggled to stay awake.  Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore, and I slumped into Predaking’s arms as my optics powered down.  I heard him cry my name in fright, and I realized before my processor shut down that this was the first time I had heard Predaking sound scared.

I woke up some time later, and I weakly lifted my helm as I looked around.  Knockout was busy at his workbench again and I realized I was in the med-bay.  He glanced at me as I grunted with the effort of sitting up, and he walked over to my side to steady me as I wobbled a bit.