The Text

Kyra's POV

       When I woke up the next day, Jazmone was still sound asleep. I looked at her in an evil way, remembering the argument from last night. I crept out of bed trying not to disturb Jazmone. Just as I was about to walk out of the room, I saw Jazmone's phone sitting on the dresser. Should I grab it? I had to think fast before she woke up. I grabbed her phone and ran into the bathroom across the hall.
         I slammed the bathroom door behind me and locked it. I tried figuring out Jazmone's password. Is it her birthday? No, too easy. My birthday? Nah. Our anniversary. I finally got the phone unlocked. I was nervous to see what was in it.
        My hands began to shake. The first thing I went to was Jazmone's text messages. The first name that popped up was "Jeremy". One of her ex-boyfriends. Why the hell would she be texting him? I scrolled through their conversation.

Jeremy: Hey baby

Jazmone: Wassup babe

Jeremy: Wanna go somewhere tonite?

Jazmone: I have a girlfriend sorry

Jeremy: She don't have to know baby

Jeremy: So meet me at my house @8

Jazmone: Kay see u soon❤

Reading those messages hurt my heart. I'm more angry than anything. I opened the bathroom door quickly. I barged over to our room and opened the door. When I opened it, there was Jazmone rummaging through our stuff. "Looking for this?" I said holding up the phone. Jazmone turned around quickly. When she saw me standing there, her mouth dropped.