~Chapter 5➫Mission Protect Ayane Gone Slightly Wrong~

Once Rei reached the scene, he gasped in horror.

'AYANE!'

                   Raven was holding a passed-out Ayane in bridal style.

'Ah~ Rei~ Why is it every time we meet Ayane is there?~' Raven sighed.

'What did you do to her?' Rei growled.

'Oh, nothing~ I just tested Gedeon's magic on her~' Rei growled as Raven showed him a sly smirk.

'You bastard...'

                     And as they glared at each other with Raven holding a passed-out Ayane bridal-style, a gentle but harsh breeze blew.

***

'Where are they?' Iachi asked as he pushed back one of the Warriors.

'I don't know!' Aicha replied as she used her whip to fend off one of the enemies.

                  'I think the two of you should go and help them just in case!' Kourin directed her statement to the twins.

'But-'

'Kourin's right,' Tatsumi cut off Aichi. 'My brother might just go haywire if Ayane is injured.'

              The twins looked at each other and nodded. Iachi looked at the group. 'We'll be back soon.'

With that, the two ran off.

'Do come back in one piece!' Aini yelled at the two before pushing back a Warrior.

***

'Let her go, Raven!' Rei yelled.

            'Hmm... let me think...' Raven mocked and smirked. 'No.'

 Rei growled as the sky grew grey and lightning struck. His eyes glowed golden with hues of white and the next second, he was gone.

Raven was taken aback but kept his stance. 'Running away, brother?' he taunted.

               On cue, he felt the weight being lifted from his arms. He looked to his right and saw Rei, except his eyes were glowing brightly like a star in a night sky and he looked vicious. Ayane was lying unconscious in his arms in a bridal style. Just then, Aichi and Iachi appeared behind a tree.

'Iachi... am I hallucinating?...' Aichi questioned, half scared and half shocked.

'No bro... you're not...' Iachi confirmed, not any better than Aichi. 

Raven looked maniacal, his eyes now magenta. Ayane was lying unconscious in Rei's arms. 

Rei looked as if he had gone mad. He was acting like a wild, mad beast and as if Ayane was a treasure he was ordered to protect.

 He was acting like a wild, mad beast and as if Ayane was a treasure he was ordered to protect