Alone

Tommy woke up about ten minutes after the rest of his family left home. He was feeling better these days, he was still heavily dependent on another person being around to remind him that he's still free but he's somewhat back to normal. Tommy sat up and looked around the room, expecting to see Wilbur somewhere nearby but was met with an empty room. Panic raced through Tommy's veins but he steadied himself. 'He's probably just in the bathroom or something.' he reasoned. Tommy swung his feet off the bed and got up. He has barely left his room since he got back, but he felt now was as good a time as ever to get out.

Tommy wandered into the living room, then left when he found nobody there. 'Kitchen? Empty. Wilbur's bedroom? Empty. Spare room? Empty. Hotel? Trivago.' Tommy internally laughed at his own dumb joke then sighed, trying not to let his anxiety get to him. 'Maybe Dadza and Techno had to go back and Wilbur is seeing them off, if that's the case I should be there to say bye.' Tommy decided, grabbing a small blanket and draping it over his shoulders as he stood at the front door.

Fear lingered in the back of his mind as Tommy cautiously opened the door, mentally preparing himself to go outside for the first time since he got back. He looked out the open doorway and was met with familiar scenery, it looked the same as it had before he got locked away. Tommy let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in, relieved that not much had changed. He stepped outside and looked around anxiously, checking if anyone was nearby. The coast looked clear so he started to walk down the path. If I were them, where would I go? Tommy wondered as he walked around.

-Few minutes later-

Tubbo was on his way to visit Tommy again, he had a lunchbox that Schlatt packed for them and was hoping he didn't pack anything embarrassing or something Tommy wouldn't eat. He arrived at the house and was surprised to see the front door wide open. "Uh, hello?" Tubbo called as he stepped inside. He set the lunchbox on the table as he looked around. "Tommy? Wilbur? Mr. Blade? Mr. Minecraft?" Tubbo was confused why no one was there. There wasn't anything out of place, the only things he didn't see were Wilbur's coat or the blanket they usually have on the couch. Tubbo was getting worried and decided to go look for them, he knows he's not entitled to know their location at all times but he's worried.

Tubbo ran out of the house, he came from the right so he headed left, it didn't take him long to spot something odd. A blanket draped over a figure who was crouched low to the ground in the middle of the Prime path and a ram hybrid with half dyed hair sitting next to them and comforting them. "Tommy!?" Tubbo yelled from a distance away, hoping he was right. The figure under the blanket turned around at the noise, low and behold he was met with the tear stained face of Tommy. He saw recognition light up in his face and he mouthed the word 'Tubbo'.

Tubbo finally reached them and immediately threw his arms around his friend, not giving a second look at the adult next to them. Tommy started crying again and Tubbo just held him and tried to comfort him. It took a few minutes for Tommy to calm down but after a bit he just rested in his friend's hold. Tubbo looked at the other person there, Captain Puffy. "What happened?" He asked, he didn't think Puffy would have taken Tommy so he tried to see if she saw something.

Puffy sighed and crossed her arms in thought. "I got here not long before you. I found him standing in the middle of the path shaking like crazy. He didn't respond when I tried to talk to him so I put my hand on his shoulder and he jumped so hard you'd think he saw- or I guess felt- a ghost. After that he kinda grabbed my hand and started crying so I tried to help calm him down, about a minute later you showed up." She explained, pity showing in her eyes. "I don't know what's going on but I think we should tell his brother what happened." Puffy decided.

Tubbo shook his head and looked at Tommy. "I was just at their house, Wilbur wasn't there. It was completely empty." He sighed. "I don't know what got into him that would make him leave Tommy alone like that, he's in no condition to be alone." He was mad at Wilbur, but his concern for Tommy outweighed his desire to flat out deck Wilbur.

Puffy hadn't visited since Tommy was found but she was just as concerned about him as Tubbo. She was a very motherly person and Tommy being the problem child he was made her motherly instincts go haywire, she wanted to help him. "Wilbur isn't home so there's no point taking him back there, we can go to my place while we try to figure out our next steps." Puffy offered. "Don't you live on a boat?" Tubbo was genuinely confused. "I may be a captain but I live on land." She laughed a little, easing the mood slightly.

Tubbo patted Tommy gently on the back. "You okay to walk, Big Man?" He asked, to which Tommy nodded and started standing up. The rams helped the boy up and they headed to Puffy's place. It was a bit of a walk but they managed, about ten minutes of walking later they reached a cute little seaside cottage style house. "In here. I've got a few extra rooms, he can use one of those." Puffy then led the boys to a spare room.

Tommy didn't leave Tubbo's side when they entered, he just kind of clung to his arm. Tubbo sensed Tommy's tension and went to sit on the bed with him. Tubbo nodded towards Puffy with a faint smile. "Thank you." He said quietly to which Puffy smiled. "Anytime. I'm going to go see if I can find Wilbur, he's not going to get off easy for this one."  She seemed bitter towards the end of that. Puffy left the boys to their own devices and headed out.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I'm extremely sorry about the lack of posting! My family is in the process of moving from Utah to Florida so I have been busy with helping my mom house hunt and the like. I also haven't planned that far ahead in the story so if anyone has ideas that'd be greatly appreciated.