eight

" Saif"

No response.

" Saif?"

Just a bit of stirring and then going back to sleep.

" Saifaan!"

The hair tug slwoly pulled him out of his sleep but still not enough.

" Wazir-e-Aala!"

And the scream in his ears finally brought him back to the land of the living much to her relief.

" Soha, kya hua?" Saifaan asked his wife groggily seeing her sitting up on the bed with an anxious face.

He checked the bedside clock and it read twenty minutes past three at night. Why was she sitting like a vampire ready to devour him that very instant!

" Mujhe neend nahi aarahi hain" Sohai was sitting with her back to the headboard and her legs bent with her arms around her knees.

She looked like a cute innocent little girl to Saifaan in that moment.

His cute girl.

" Kya hua Aafat, itni raat ko kin khayaalo mein khoyi hui hou?" He straightened her legs and rest his head on her thighs, his arms holding her waist as he snuggled in her warmth.

" Mujhe bohot ghabrahat hou rahi hain" Sohai ran her fingers through his curls, her anxiousness clear in her voice.

" Kis baarein mein?" Saifaan tightened his hold on her waist and looked up in her eyes that were clearly nervous.

" Kal opening hain aur mujhe bilkul bhi confident feel nahi hou raha hain" she bit her lips lightly to stop them from shaking and Saifaan sighed before getting up and sitting beside her against the headboard.

" Pcch yaha aao" he opened his arms for her and she immediately went into them, hiding herself in his chest as he held her closer to his heart.

" Agar kal kuch gadbad hou gayi toh? Mujhse cakes kharaab hou gaye toh? Koi aaya hi nahi toh?" Sohai looked up in her husband's eyes, her own swimming with vulnerability that he did not like seeing in them.

" Aise kuch nahi hone wala hain. Aur tumse aajtak kabhi cakes kharaab hue hain joh ab hoge? Rahi baat logo ki, toh hume kisi aur ki zarurat nahi hain, hum apni family mein hi khush hain koi aayein na aayein" Saifaan kissed her head and she just looked at him with wide eyes.

" Ek baar hua tha kharaab joh maine aapko aur Abu Bhai ko khilaa diya tha" she giggled as he gave her a fake stern look.

" Mujhe pata hain, maine bhi bas tumhaara dil rakhney ke liye khaaya tha woh" he revealed and was rewarded with a hit on his chest.

" Itne jhootey hain aap! Tab kaha tha Sohai kitna achha cake banati hou tum" she mimicked his voice from years ago when a teenage Sohai was in the initial stages of learning this art and her brother and his best friend were her main scape goats!

" Sarcasm naam ki bhi cheez hoti hain Aafat" Saifaan teased her and she glowered at him but settled back down in his arms.

" Mujhe phir bhi bohot nervousness hou rahi hain. Cancel kardein opening? Kisi aur din rakhte hain" she said with a hopeful voice and her husband just rolled his eyes at her.

" Cancel kardein opening?" Saifaan mimicked her in a childish voice and she pouted cutely at him.

" Kal tak main kahi anxiety attack se hi na marr jaaon" she bit her lips nervously and he sighed before hugging her tight for a second and then kissing her head.

" Cake bake karna hain?" Saifaan offered her, knowing that this has always been her way of relieving stress. 

" Abhi?" Sohai looked at the clock and it was half past three now.