Chapter 9

Ushijima was merely staring blankly while laying on the bed. It's been an hour since he was brought to infirmary. After receiving some treatment and medical evaluation, the doctor advise that he need to rest for awhile. Also avoid unnecessary movement for few weeks to speed the recovery before he's fit enough to go back in court.

Ushijima was tired, his eyes become heavy and was about to sleep when he suddenly heard a conversation in the infirmary's door.

Nurse : Hello. Do you want to check on Ushijima-san?

Hinata : Ah! No! I was just...err..

The nurse just gave a soft chuckled at Hinata.
Nurse : I saw you just peeking on the door, might as well come in then?

Ushijima tried to got up as he heard Hinata's voice, and he could see the orange hair at the door still in his Msby Black Jackal's uniform.

Ushijima : Hinata Shoyo?

Hinata was startled when he heard the ace calling his name. Then he bows and smile to the nurse as he stepped inside.

The doctor and the nurse left, now there's only both of them.
For few seconds it was an awkward silence between them until Hinata start the conversation.

Hinata : H-How are you feeling, Ushijima-san?

Ushijima position himself comfortable enough to sit on the bed.
Ushijima : Still painful little bit. But after taking rest and treatment i believe i'll recover soon.

Hinata : Ah.. i see.. thank goodness. I hope it's not that bad since you looked so hurt...

Ushijima : Yeah...

Hinata : Ah! If you're curious about the result.. Congratulations! Schweiden Adlers won! Your team is amazing Ushijima-san!
Hinata smiled widely while Ushijima gave a small smile.

Ushijima : I'm glad.. Honestly, i was frustrated because i couldn't participate in the match. Somehow i feel kind of.. pathetic..

Then the taller guy was a bit startled when suddenly Hinata raised his voice in disagreement.

Hinata : You are not pathetic Ushijima-san! From the very first time we played until now you are the ace i've always admired! So please don't ever say that you're pathetic.. ever again!

Eyes slightly wide, Ushijima was stunned with Hinata's statement.

Ushijima : Okay *expressionless*

Hinata : Ah! *bows* I-I'm sorry Ushijima-san! I didn't mean to be rude yelling at you.

Ushijima : It's fine

Again, awkward silence.

Hinata : I'm sorry i shouldn't disturb your rest, Ushijima-san. I'll be going now, my teammates they are waiting for me. Hope you recover soon!

Hinata was about to leave when suddenly Ushijima grab his hand.

Hinata : Ushijima-san?

Ushijima : Could you stay here for awhile?

Hinata : Oh. O-okay?

Ushijima pat his hand to his side, leading Hinata to sit beside him.
Hinata awkwardly sitting on the bed, beside Ushijima.

Hinata : Uwaaa.. he's so close!

Ushijima : Are you worried about me?

Hinata : I.. uh.. well.. yeah i guess?

Ushijima nodded while Hinata was struggling to handle the awkward feeling right now.

Hinata : What the hell am i doing here in the first place?! Before i knew it i was walking here. Damn! This is too embarrassing!