Gifts (Dr Spencer Reid) [English]

Used Prompts: (7) What is this? 

"Hey brainiac!", I warbled and high spirited slammed the door of the apartment shut. I flinched when the snick of glasses echoed through the living room. That obviously had been too much of a good thing! But the little moment of shock couldn't kill my joy. This day was way too wonderful to be stopped by some vanities. Besides nothing broke! So, there was no reason to be sad instead of happy. Spencer sticked his head out the door. "What are you doing already doing here?", he wanted to know. The glasses which I loved seeing on him were enthroned on the back of his nose. In my opinion he was looking just way too cute with them! But he didn't wear his glasses on a daily basis. Either he was working, or I interrupted his reading. Immediately my bad conscious came forward which darkened the bright sunshine in my soul. "I am sorry!", I said in advance. Frowning brows, head slightly tilted to right and forehead wrinkled. Spencer seemed to not understand why I apologized. "Didn't I disturb your working or reading?", I asked. I had pushed my lower lip slightly forward. I absolutely hated it when I pulled Spencer away from his passions! The glow in his eyes was just too precious. Besides that, he barely took some time out which he would need. Spencer's brain worked day and night without any breaks. No matter if he was at work or had free time he worked for the safety of the world, for the health of his mother or just to grow his knowledge. His brilliant mind didn't even take a one minute-break. He didn't want it anyway and I wanted to give him the space he needed to do what he wanted to. Sometimes I was getting the feeling that Spencer rarely did what he wanted to do. Possibly caused by his job. Spencer's hand movement which was directed towards his face pulled me out of my thoughts. "What do you think you are doing?" As quick as possible I crossed the living room. Spencer paused in the middle of the movement. "I'm going to take off my glasses.", he explained to me visibly confused. But I put my fingers over his hand and took it off of his glasses. "Don't take them off!", I asked him to. Of course, not without any ulterior motives. On one hand they looked way too good on him and I loved it when Spencer wore them. On the other hand I would need them after he knew the reason for my extraordinary good mood. My boyfriend's hazel eyes followed the movement of our hands down. Then Spencer discovered the gift bad in my right hand. "What is this?" I rolled my eyes. But my lips were graced with a big smirk. A stupid question for a person who was defined as a smart mind. "A gift, genius", I explained. The sarcastic tone within my voice was clear to hear. Now Spencer was the one rolling his eyes. "I can see this myself!", Spencer replied. I snorted amused. I was in a good mood again! "But I want to know what is inside and why am I getting a present in the first place?", my favourite agent of all time wanted to know. "Can't I get my boyfriend a gift?", I answered the question with a question. That drew a sigh out of Spencer's mouth. He knew that this talk was going to be unrewarding. He just knew me too well! I pulled up my arm excitedly and wiggled the bag infront of his eyes. Grabbed by curiosity Spencer took the bag and finally opened it up. Spencer was curious and my nature wasn't very patient what was the reason why I was glad about not having Spencer's job. It would cost me many nerves! Pumped I watched him while opening the present. Frowning he pulled the gifts out. "Two books.", he observed. His excitement wasn't particularly big. But I nodded enthusiastic. "Yep!", I answered. Then I took both books from him. "This" I held up one book. "is my favourite book! I read it 30 times for sure. And this" I help up the second book. "is my favourite book of poetry which is filled with poets of our time! I wrote comments, marked some things and even scribbled inside of the books. But don't worry I used a pencil. If you don't like it, you can erase it! I always hated it when somebody has written into books. But I saw it on Pinterest as a gift idea and I wanted to try it out. I didn't know if you'd like it! So, I decided to use a pencil to give you-" His soft lips cut me off. After he pulled away from me Spencer smiled lovingly at me. "I already love it! Thank very much." Out of shame I didn't look him in the eyes when I tuck my hair behind my ear. "I don't believe you, but it is very nice that you pretend to like it." Spencer softly petted my head. "But I am saying the truth!", Spencer argued. I shook my head. I was aware that it wasn't a customized gift for Spencer. But I have thought about it! I hoped that he would learn to love it in the future. Nevertheless, I knew that Spencer didn't like it at first. "I know you only read classics, nonfiction and so on! You aren't a fan of the type of fiction I read. But I am giving you a Y/A-Romance novel for a good reason!", I added for consideration. "At least I hope so." I swallowed hard before I continued. "On a logical level I can't compete with your intellect, your creativity and your thinking! My beloved genres take you in to a new world and they will help you primarily to switch of your brilliant mind for a moment. Besides the poems are sweet and cute and I want them to be a reminder for you of me when you are on a case." Spencer gave my forehead a kiss giggling. "Do you want to" Spencer to sneak a peek on the book cover. "read Everything, Everything with me?" I beamed at Spencer. The joy Spencer caused inside of me was simply overwhelming. How could you not love this man? I was convinced that it was impossible! "Are you going to read to me?", I asked hopefully. His voice was my favourite sound in the entire world. Spencer smirked at me. "If you want that.", he answered. "I AM GOING TO GET YOU COFFEE, MYSELF HOT CHOCOLATE AND I AM GETTING MY BLANKET AND YOUR PILLOW!", I screamed. I stumbled forward while I ran through his apartment. He burst out laughing and followed me.