Home [English]

"Hey guys! I got it..." JJ holt up the leather-bound book as she entered the room. Her eyes quickly looked at Spencer's worried face before they were stuck at the pale face of the unconscious girl. "Her diary...", Spencer breathed. Now he the tint of his skin was similar to the one of his sister's. "Should we do this?", Spencer asked in a choked voice and took Josie's hand. She seemed to be ice-cold even though it couldn't be this cold. "She asked for it in her short letter. She wanted the BAU to listen to her last entry when one of us reads it out loud.", Penelope said silently. Just as Spencer she could barely talk. She loved this girl! And now she was unconscious in a hospital. Nobody was safe to say that she would ever wake up again. Every seconde was willed with fear and uncertainty! Behind Penelope the remaining agents of the BAU entered the room with her. "You analyzed the writing yourself! Reid, you were the one confirmed that it is Josie's handwriting on the letter. It is without a doubt Josie's wish!", Derek added to what Penelope said. He clapped on his best friend's shoulder encouragingly. Spencer swallowed hard. Morgan wasn't wrong! Spencer knew that. But he still didn't like it to read even one entry out of his little sister's diary. In defiance of his worries, he took the diary from JJ. If somebody had to read it out loud he wanted himself to be the one. But his voice didn't obey him when he tried to read the last pages which were written on. Spencer never would have thought that it would be so difficult for him to do so. But who could blame him? His little sister had tried to end her life! Now Spencer would get a look into her most intimate thoughts which didn't appeal right to him. But it was her wish! Spencer took a deep breath before he cleared his throat and began to read out loud.

17 years. That's how long I managed to survive. The first eight years I didn't only survive but I lived with my big brother Spencer and my mom Diana by my side. For 17 years I searched for the feeling of home! Until I was eight, I got that feeling through my family in Las Vegas. My family back then was small, and a bit broken which wasn't always easy, but it is good, and I always felt good and welcome.

Now Spencer had stalled. A big lump blocked his throat. Her words brought tears to his eyes. But there was more to read! Reid wasn't sure if he could make it to end. But he would try. For Josie! Spencer continued to read out loud.

But now I know how home feels like and how it is to have big, wonderful family who I can depend on unexceptionally! After years I've found my place in the world without being superfluous or unwanted. That was what I wished for every day in my foster family! I wished for this every day. But now I finally found my safe place and that is the BAU. That place and the people who have been a safe home for my brother for many years! I can't thank them enough. To those wonderful people -those marvellous human- I paid all my thankfulness. They love and support Spencer at any given time which alone made them the greatest people in the entire universe. Jennifer Jareau, Penelope Garcia, Derek Morgan, Emily Prentiss, Aaron Hotchner and David Rossi. They are the people who are part of Spencer's family! They are the people who give him security and they are people who adopted me into their family! I thank them for everything what they have done for my big brother and I thank them that the have welcomed me into their inner circle even though I had no place in there. I was allowed to spend every free minute at the BAU! For the first time I didn't envy my classmates for having friends because I got the BAU by my side. For a short moment I had a better thing than them. I know when I go and leave Spencer alone the BAU will hold him and help him through the grief. Luckily, he is not 100% alone because of his family who would never let that happen. Thank you, BAU, for your love and friendship! Thank you, Spence! Thank you for everything! You were my light, my security, my family and you filled my whole world with joy and books. Thanks to you my life made sense for a moment. It was bright and it was filled with stories and gorgeous memories. There was nothing you didn't do for me! There is and will never be a better brother or son than you, Spencer. Everyone who has you in your life is the luckiest person ever. I love you, Spence! Forever.

The last two word weren't louder than a whisper when they left Spencer's mouth. No eye was empty of tears! Everybody in the patient room cried in silence while Reid gave Josie's word a voice. They touched the experienced agents, and nobody knew what to say. The fierce feelings inside of them were overwhelming. Nobody got a chance to say something even if they would have want to! A quiet rasping sound burst the silence. "Where am I? Didn't I- Didn't I make it?" Josephine's raspy voice dragged all the attention towards herself. Seven agents shrieked as if Josie screamed at them. But it wasn't like this! She couldn't have done it if she would have wanted to. Her throat hurt to much. Spencer leaped to his feet and moved her hair out of her face. After twelve long hours the girl finally opened her eyes.