Books, books and more books (Dr Spencer Reid) [English]

Beads of sweat shined in the sunlight on his forehead and ran down his temples just like the sweat did on my face. The hard work drained our strength. We should have accepted the offer of help of the team! Well... I sighed out of frustration. Afterwards one was always wiser. Huffing and puffing Spencer put the box he just had picked down on the floor again. But who could blame him? I couldn't. The boxes were heavy. It was muggy and we barely had space to move inside of Spencer's apartment because of my stuff. I would have put the boxes down again! Anyway, Spencer couldn't put the box any other place. If I was being hones I though about cancelling the move! Especially because it was overwhelming for me. Additionally, we underestimated the amount of stuff we had to move from one flat to another. It was absolutely surprising because Spencer is amazing at assume several amounts. This time -this one and only time- he was so wrong it couldn't have been wronger. Of course, there was a first time for everything! But I wished this first time for Spencer would have happened another time when the physical effort was on the low. The damage was already done and he didn't do it on purpose so it was obvious that I was mad at my stuff and of course not against Spencer. My boyfriend moaned and threw back his head. I felt the same way he just had expressed! "I would have never in my life though that that I might say that but you have many books! Many, many books." That made me insecure. With terror I had to realize how many books I actually owned! He hated them. He hated every single one of them. "I am sorry!", I quickly said before Spencer could add anything to what he just said. "I am so so so sorry!" I just wanted to silence him for short moment. Just a teeny tiny moment! I was really sorry that he had to carry my books! "Why are you apologizing? I am sorry! No one can blame you or your books. I just need some more bookshelves." Oooooh! It was clear to see that I misunderstood him completely. A heat wave starting from my cheeks flowed over my face. That was INCREDIBLY embarrassing for me! But then a matter of fact caught my eye, and my embarrassment was instantly forgotten. "Spence, you don't have space to put something in here! Not one shelf will fit into your apartment. I mean we can't even put my stuff in here. How could you think about putting new-" Spencer interrupted me. "I will just give away some books.", he acquainted me of his plan out of the sudden and my heart stopped for a moment. Was he being serious? My boyfriend couldn't get rid of any of his dearly loved books because of me! I would protect every single book he owned with my life. Spencer shouldn't say goodbye to any book just because I was supposed to move in. I would never let this happen! A short, hysterical laugh came out of my throat. "Absolutely out of the question, Dr Reid! You love your books." "You love yours as well.", he responded immediately. He wasn't wrong -like always- but he couldn't part with his books. It would be wrong! "But your books are something special! They don't only look intimidating but rather are highly respected and precious and you are a fan of all of those big, popular works! Besides the amount of classics, poetry, nonfiction-" Again Spencer cut me off. "That doesn't make your books any less worthy!", he answered, and I moaned. That wasn't helpful! But in a quick way nothing came to my mind to solve our problem. Spencer's sudden smirk was quite irritating. I saw on his face that he had a plan, but I couldn't tell if I'd like or hate it. After all was his first idea in my opinion not his best! But he didn't bring me into the loop and ran off into his office. God, please protect his books from my boyfriend! I loved them as much as my own. It wouldn't only hurt Spencer but me as well. Maybe this could keep him from doing so. As quick as my legs were able to walk, I went after Spencer. "Hey Doc, I will promise you that I will defend your books with my life if you give away one of those beautiful babies!", I screamed over to him. I was surprised when I saw him being on his phone. What did Spencer have in mind?

Exhausted as I was, I fell against the door, and it closed. I shook my head when I looked at my boyfriend who leaned against the doorframe from his office and smiled at me. "You are crazy.", I made clear. Spencer laughed and shook his hair. "Some people call me genius!", he giggled happily. "And I solved our problem." Again, I shook my head. "May I correct you, Genius! Tornado Garcia and her followers solved our problem." "Correct!", he concurred with me. What a nutjob! "After one call all of them wanted to help us." Now I was the one who chuckled. "What would we do without your family...", I sighed relieved. "Our family!", Spencer corrected me. My heart stopped for a seconde. Did I understand him correctly? "Come again?", I quietly said. I barely could hear myself. But he obviously seemed to understand every word I've said. "Our family.", Spencer repeated. He looked like he was tensed up. "You are an important part of my life! My team counts you already in and to be honest I see you as well as a part of my family." Spencer got stuck and swallowed hard. "Is that okay?", he wanted to know. If it was okay, he asked. If it was okay?! A genius who understood nothing. I would have laughed out loud! Spencer Reid was unbelievable. "This is more than okay...", I whispered. Suddenly Spencer and I were in the middle of the room. Not even a postage stamp would have fit between us. "Are you sure?", he made sure. "You won't get rid of me that fast." My own thoughts brought a smile to my face. "I love JJ way too much to leave!" My lovely boyfriend shook his head as I used to do before. But he didn't look hurt what was good! He kissed my forehead. "I love you." My smirk transformed into a soft smile. "I love you." Suddenly a huge amount of energy went through Spencer's body. He ran again into the next room and came back with his typical leather bad. Euphoric as he were Spencer took my hand while he pulled me out the door. "And now we will buy new shelves! OH! And we go into a bookstore." Then Spencer stopped and looked down at me. "Or into three.", he added. He looked sheepishly. Amused I rolled my eyes as I let him pull me out. "You are definitely crazy!", I told him. Spencer smirked. "No, only in love."