Chapter 6 - Heart to Heart

I can't believe I hit 300 views! I want to thank everyone who took the time to read my stories. It really means a lot to me. Now, let's get this party started!

--

Italics = thoughts
Bold = flashback

--

"I know this is frustrating for you; but if you'll let us, we can help you figure out your powers." Tony said with a small smile. "But in the meantime, I think it's time you showed us what you can actually do."

"Like what?" Gwen asked as she plopped down on the same chair she sat in before she vanished. "Right now, all I want to do is take a long, hot shower!'

The poor girl was physically and emotionally exhausted. Who wouldn't be after what happened?

"She's been through enough for right now." Steve whispered to Tony. "Let her rest. Give her time to process things."

Tony looked over at the young woman who was playing with her beloved pet. He knew her life had been turned upside down through no fault of her own and wanted to do everything in his power to help her. Steve was right... though he'd never admit it in a million years. He walked over to Gwen, knelt down and placed his right hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, kid. There's no rush. Take as much time as you need. You'll let us know when you're ready, okay?"

"Alright." She nodded as she stood up. "Oh, wait! I just remembered! I still need to take Thunder for his walk."

"After what just happened? Absolutely not!" Tony forbade.

As he said that, Thunder began walking in circles and was whimpering.

"Well, if he doesn't get his walk soon, you're gonna have a puddle in the middle of your hardwood floor and if that happens, that's on you. I wanted to take him outside." Gwen reminded with folded arms.

The billionaire playboy looked at the small dog and cringed.

"Fine! But someone else is taking him since you're still on their radar."

"We'll take him!" Wanda and Natasha volunteered. Thunder yipped happily at the prospect of two gorgeous women taking him for his daily walk.

Gwen just chuckled at her fur baby's playful antics.

"Okay, sweetie. Go get your l-"

Before Gwen could finish, Thunder ran to her room and brought back his harness and leash in his mouth a few minutes later. Everyone in the room laughed at the sight.

 Everyone in the room laughed at the sight

"He's too smart for his own good." Clint laughed.

Natasha smiled as she put the harness around Thunder's body and clipped on the leash.

"Let's get out of here, little guy. We'll bring him by your room when we get back." She and Wanda giggled as they took Gwen's dog out for a much-needed walk.