Chapter 7 - A Mixed Bag of Emotions

This is absolutely INSANE! I was hoping for 400 by the time I updated! RELUCTANT AVENGER has over 600 VIEWS! I can't thank you guys enough! I also want to apologize for such a late update. Just a little heads up... WRITER'S BLOCK SUCKS ASS! On a lighter note, I have some ideas for chapters in this story including one focusing on a certain cute little Yorkie! If you're new to the fic, please leave lots of comments, vote and spread the word to your friends! Now... shall we continue?

--
Italics = thoughts
Bold = flashback

-The Next Morning-

The sun was peeking over the horizon and Gwen was sound asleep swaddled in a cocoon of sheets... until she felt something warm and wet glide across her face. She knew automatically what it was as a smile graced her lips.

"Okay, okay. I'm up." Gwen giggled as her four-legged alarm clock woke her up by licking her face. "Who needs an alarm clock or roosters crowing with you around, huh?" She gave Thunder a scratch behind the ears and a nose nuzzle before hopping out of bed. She went through her morning yoga stretches with Thunder doing some of his own alongside her. This was her favorite part of her morning routine. Stretches were good for you, but they're much more fun with a cute little dog as your training partner. It also gave her time to reflect on the previous day.

"Definitely not your typical day." She thought to herself.

Yesterday was very eventful for Gwen. Not only did she spar with two of the best Avengers and learned a bit about some of their backstories, she learned a lot about her badass grandmother from Steve and Bucky. Bucky... now, there was a walking enigma if she ever saw one. One minute, he's closed off and reserved; the next, he's joking and laughing. He does have a nice smile. The way his face lit up when he remembered her grandmother made her wonder if he didn't have a little bit of a crush on Georgia. From what Steve told you about his best friend during Steve's "scrawny period", Bucky was quite the ladies man. He could charm a dame with his smile alone. So when you heard how Bucky blushed when Georgia gave him a peck on the cheek, you figured he had feelings for her but kept them to himself because she was already engaged.

"He's such a mystery, isn't he?" She asked her pint-sized companion who answered her with a head tilt.

"One mystery is why does he wear long-sleeved shirts and that glove all the time? I've seen burn victims cover up like that

"One mystery is why does he wear long-sleeved shirts and that glove all the time? I've seen burn victims cover up like that." If that was the reason, that would certainly explain the nightmares. She didn't want to add to that trauma so she decided not to press him about it. Little did she know the real reason was much worse. She was about to go into another yoga pose when her stomach growled.

"And that move is called Upward Rumbling Tummy." She chuckled as Thunder barked. "Okay. Lemme take a quick shower and we'll head to the kitchen. Deal?" The small dog yipped as Gwen gathered her clothes for the day.

 Deal?" The small dog yipped as Gwen gathered her clothes for the day