4

"So are you gonna talk to us?" Emily asks leaning against his desk next to Spencer. "Or are we just gonna pretend that you did not keep this from us."

"What do you wanna hear? I am not sorry and it was none of your business if I have a son or not."

"I kinda thought we have a relationship that has at least this much trust." She reaches up to Spencer's head to play with his curls but Morgan steps in grabbing her wrist. "Derek I just wanted to-"

"Don't. He doesn't like strangers touching him."

"Oh - I am sorry."

Morgan puts his hand on Spencer's book to catch his attention and for a moment the kid doesn't do anything but then he takes his hand and gently moves the fingers aside to keep reading making Morgan chuckle and Emily huff. "Well he is as much of a bullhead as you."

"Something he needs to have from me." Morgan takes Spencer's headphones of making him stop humming and quickly reaching up to his dad to hold him. "You okay buddy? We can put those headphones on again if you want." He speaks in a low voice while adjusting his son on his hip. "But I thought about getting down to get lunch. Emily will join us."

"We eat lunch at school at one thirty."

"Look what time it is" Spencer wears a dark blue watch with green elements and dinosaurs on the band. "I packed lunch this morning so you need your backpack and Emily and I see what we will get."

JJ and Rossi join them on they way to pick up something and then eating it in a park close by. Sometimes they just enjoy these quiet and slow paperwork days.

"Don't steal JJ's fries" Morgan warns him when his son looks over to them. If Spencer loves one food it is fries, no matter if for breakfast lunch or dinner.

Morgan had carefully packed Spencer's lunch box this morning.
It's is separated in different boxes so nothing will touch, which is important during every meal. Spencer won't eat food that touched the other before on the plate. Even things like ketchup has to be separated for him to dip it in.

He has three little pancakes and little apple pieces. A third square contains a small chocolate bar and a fourth some crackers. Morgan is well aware that the stuff he packs him for school is less creative and healthy than what Madeline packs him.

"I didn't pick you for the kind of father that packs his child a lunch box. I thought you were the breakfast money kind of guy"

"If my man would eat what he could buy at school, I sure would be, but he doesn't so I will happily pack lunch boxes." He tells Rossi while opening up the juice box for Spencer. Madeline just yesterday told him that he needs to find a better understanding of Spencer's abilities, that he shouldn't always do what he can do on his own and expect him to do stuff he can't.

He knows he would be better at this if he would be with him more often, but JJ does fine, she can help Will over the phone, can tell what her child wants while Morgan is often left wondering.

"So someone is a picky eater then?" Emily asks handing Spencer despite Morgan's warning fries from her plate.

"I am glad he eats at all. If it wear up to him it would be fries without salt all day."

"Does he have any allergies?"

"Strawberries but the rest is just not his." Morgan takes a bite of his Tacco and then watches Spencer take the peeled apple out of his lunchbox and handing it to Emily. "Sir, will you please eat your fruits." Spencer starts giggling and then hands another one to JJ. "Excuse me?"

"Change"

"No exchanging, eat your lunch first."

It's safe to say that Spencer quickly smiles his way into their hearts,being his adorable self while they are still hurt by Morgan's lie.

Especially Garcia.

"Can I come in?" Morgan asks with Spencer on his arm.

"Of course." The moment she sees the child she puts on a wide smile. "Welcome to my magic cave."

"Magic cave." Spencer leans down wanting to grab the magic cube on the desk and Garcia is more than happy to provide it for him and within second the thing is solved leaving her stunned and Spencer puts it back into her hand and starts hiding his face against Morgan's neck.

"You have a genius there."

"I do."

"He is adorable." Morgan can see the tears building up in her eyes. "Why would you hide him from me?"

"At the time I was scared and then he was born and it felt wrong to blurt it out and the longer I kept it to me the longer I felt horrible about telling you now."

"You had a little boy and never told me." She says again looking at Spencer who is humming. "I didn't even know you are in a relationship."

"I am not we never were together. We have shared custody it's all good. We get along perfectly but not more." Morgan is sure it's better for Spencer to grow up like this instead of with two fighting parents all the time.

It's not like they never do stuff with the three of them, if the time is there trips to the museum or zoo or similar things are always something they do as a family and sometimes even smaller things.

What he loves the most is mothers day because he often finds it hard to show her how grateful she is but on that day he will spoil her rotten.

"She got shot last night on duty that's why Spencer is here with me. I didn't want him in school in case something changes."

"Oh you sweet child." Garcia says. "Is she gonna be okay?"

"She was suppose to be waking up hours ago but they still think she does."

"Does he-"

"Yes but I don't think he understands really what it means. It's hard to tell sometimes what he feels." He is well aware that his son feels, maybe even more intense than he does but Spencer has more trouble expressing it.

The boy starts kicking his leg again, and quickly after starts hitting Morgan's chest with his fist while the man slips into a conversation with Garcia over Madeline. "What's wrong?" Spencer shakes his head and then reaches up to his ears covering them.

"Maybe it's the technology in here. It makes all kind of noises." Morgan hadn't noticed so he steps out with him and Spencer loosens up leaning down again. "You wanna play with this?" Garcia asks holding the magic cube in her hands while coming out of her office and the boy takes it after she messes it up again solving it another time. "You and me are not done, I will cut you some slack because of what happened with his mother but after that I will be very mad at you."

"You have every right, babygirl."

"Good, and you are not allowed to bring him over for that he is to adorable and I won't be able to yell at you then."

"I know." With a smile he watches Spencer solve the cube again and then showing it to Garcia. "Although I think its gonna be hard telling him that you don't want to see him."

"Derek Morgan do not test me." Garcia grabs the cube messing the parts up again. "Here you go babyboy"

"Babyboy" Spencer repeats and nods as a thank you.