Chapter 7 - Jim's Question

y/n) - your name

(f/c) - favorite Colour

_____________________

As the new day of school began, so did your growing headache. "How am I going to last 6 subjects today, teaching only history. My heads going to explode." You mumbled waiting for the students to file in.

"Hey Ms (L/n), I have a question to ask?"
As you looked up from your desk and at the kid before you, you made a personal scan of their face to remember which kid they were.

"Yes, Jim! Sorry I couldn't find anything earlier on your Camelot question. But what did you want to ask me?" You smiled knowing that he was a good student and worthy of listening to.

(A/n: not that he's the main character from another series or anything)

"I was wondering if maybe we could chat after school. I and Toby were wondering about an upcoming project in...um...a local science fair"

You knew you could sniff out a lie when you heard one, but since he was coming to your assistance you couldn't refuse. Politely smiling an "of course Jim" he takes a seat with his classmates. 

"Alright class, I hope you brought your positive attitude today because I'm going to be teaching this lesson a bit differently and of course candy will be given to those who behave well."

As you blabbered on during the lesson you couldn't help but see a pencil been thrown in mid-air. What was surprising about this was that you dodged that incredibly quickly. You glanced towards the direction it was flying before as it now lay on the ground. What caught your eye was the fading (f/c) hue of dust particles at your feet.

'Did I instinctively move with my powers?!' In amongst the thought, you had to also come up with a backup excuse to your quick reflexes.

"For whoever through that pencil, you are lucky that I did basketball in college. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to duck that" you laughed. "Now come on who was it". Everyone sat silently before surprisingly Jim raised his hand, "I did."

"You and I will need to discuss this in detention at break Mr Lake."

You turned to the rest of the class, "Now please work through the worksheets that I have placed on your desks. If you need any help please don't fret to ask!" as you smiled and sat at your desk already few hands were raised. 'No rest for the teachers I suppose'.

With one hand came two more and then three more. Each student smiling in understanding or scratching their head as they tried to comprehend the historical pieces before them. Before you knew it the lunch bell rang and the students flooded out candy in each of their hands, well except for a particular student attempting a sneaky break for it. He stopped before the door was closed on him and a hand holding it in place. "Now Jim Lake, I believe I am not holding you against any club activities am I right? If You lie to me now then I can always see for myself" you concentrated your eyes to narrow down at him in an attempt to threaten the boy. 

"Yes Miss (L/n)" 

"Now take a seat, please. I want you to help me with something."

"Okay?" he took his seat before you got the worksheets the students worked on and placed half of them on the student desk and half on the desk beside him. 

"This sheet shows the answers, I want you to mark both piles and then, only then you can have your lunchtime breaks back. If you don't finish them all now then you'll finish the rest tomorrow."