Chapter 2 - Your Eyes Met

(F/n) - First name
(L/n) - Last name
__________________________

As the bell rang, the teenagers left, to slay monsters in the garden- or whatever they do these days.

"Um, Excuse me, Miss, Er, (L/N)" stumbles a skinny pale student, blue eyes and dark hair.
"Yes, Mr Lake was it?" Your question.
"Yes, That would be my name. Would you know anything about a town or city of Camelot?" He asked.

"Obviously, Mr Lake, I am a history teacher," I responded with a smile while I shuffled the books and packed them away as he followed with the kid, Toby.

"Do you know anything about a Merlin?" He asked. "I have never-" you paused for a second, remembering the same dream from earlier in the morning. You had paused in your place for a second. "Merlin, why does that sound so familiar..." humming to yourself, you finally came back to reality noticing the boys waiting patiently for your response. "Sorry but I'm not quite certain. You boys should really get going for lunch before break ends".

The boys looked at you suspiciously before saying their 'thank you's and 'goodbyes' as you were about to close a door behind them you heard.
"You reckon she's a changeling too?" The Jim kid spoke.
"Nah she seems to friendly for that, then again she is a bit young for a High school teacher." Replies the Toby kid. "Well Strictler was a changeling too and he was'nice'?" Replied Jim. "She can just be a really nice teacher, Jim, your worrying too much!" cooed Toby as they continued chatting.

"Fuzz buckets, I'm already the mean teacher" you pout as you began to eat your lunch. You were in the middle of eating when you saw an older male entering the school grounds. "That's a bit odd, better check who this person is."

You walked towards the man and asked: "Can I help you?" you asked the male who was obviously looking around. Undoubtedly, it was a bit odd for an adult to be hanging around campus, but when he kept looking around for something he got caught off guard with your hand being waved in front of him and pointed in a direction.

"Office is that way." You assumed he was looking for senior Uhl. He looked at where you were pointing and looked back to you, but this time. Your eyes met.
His beige-caramel eyes widen when finally looking at your face. "U-um, thanks lovely" You paused for a bit at the last part when he started heading in that direction. " Oh, and you have a bit of mustard just below here" he gestured around your bottom lip.

Completely embarrassed you quickly wipe it off.

"t-thanks"

He slowly looked back to you smiling at you while nodding and continued walking.

"How odd, it's as if I know you from somewhere?" You call out loud. He quickly turned around and walked back, "Maybe at the cafe shop, I do work there".

"(F/N)!" Called the principal, "Who is this stranger on the schools campu-"

"He was just going to join you, sir!" You called back, before you looked at him, "Well if you're wanting to talk later, come buy the cafe after school finishes!" Called the male as he left to shake hands with the principal and discuss something.

A flyer dropped from the pile he was carrying and I picked it up,
'Battle of the Bands'
It read as you looked to where the office was. "Even more curiouser.."

It was 3:00 pm and the students were already running out of the school gates, a few exceptions who got stuck in detention after school. "Cafe huh?" you hummed and began to walk to the local cafe. Sitting down you begin to order a small drink of your choosing and waiting for the curious man. Soon seconds became minutes and minutes became hours.

"Is this guy ditching me or something?" You looked out the now dusk lit streets. "Sometimes I forgot how beautiful this place could be, never knew why I left," you said out loud comfortable with the waitresses company.

"You still do that thing with your hand and elbow," said Mr Late. "What do you mean by that?" you were creeped out how he knew your posture so you turned to him already forgetting he was late. "I'm Hisirdoux, but you can call me Doux" he held his hand to shake but you were not impressed. He took a seat in front of you. "Okay, I'm going to put this plainly. You're a wizard".

"I'm a what?" completely caught off guard you looked at him in disbelief.

"and your 920 years old" he added. 'Is he calling me old now?' you stood up at that comment and started walking outside the cafe back home, unfortunately, he followed. "Look you have waisted too much of my time, I should really be getting my next lessons prepared for tomorrow." you walked faster. "But I'm telling the truth!". There was maybe some truth in it; you did have that weird dream this morning about wizards and mythical animals. "Please! I know you had a loss of memory earlier in your life" he finally said.

"How did you know of that? Only my family knows?"

"Then that means that this family you speak of is really your foster parents" He replies.

"I-, How do you know all of this?" You were completely shocked at the information only close relatives know, like your foster parents.

"Because I've known you before Camelot became legends" he stated

"Camelot...," You suddenly remember the ravenette haired boy from your dream was standing before you, you met his begging melted eyes, you frown curiously and called him, "Mr Apprentice?"

At those words, Hisirdoux sighed contently. Before laughing at the memory with the slorr creature.

"Hello a certain beauty"

_________________________________________

Word Count: 956 words