Chapter 1 - Familiar Fantasy

Acronyms used:
• (F/n) — your first-name •

• (L/n) — your last-name •

• (F/c) — Favourite colour •

~•~•~

Camelot, where your either a raging mythical troll or dragon who seeks the night and deepest, darkest holes or a soaring sorcerer observing townspeople in markets and taverns on daily quests. But, you, (F/n) (L/N), are an apprentice of the sorceress, Lady Morganna. She would task you of the utmost important skills, but Today, she had you complete tasks for Merlin.

(F/n) slams the metal pail on the ground. They weren't particularly strong for a Camelot citizen, however, they made up for it by their caring nature, and maybe magic. "Okay Slorr, Merlin is wanting a few buckets today". Slorr's were usually cranky creatures and yet this one didn't seem to mind (F/n) at all.

(F/n) began to milk the creature as a familiar ravenette came into view. "Jeez, I don't know how you do it, but whenever I'm around her, she practically kicks me out; smelling like a rotten blueberry," He said as he crossed his arms and awkwardly stood at the entrance. Wating for a reply from you.

Finally, you looked up to him, "Well you, Mr Apprentice, always just invade her privacy." you switched the now full bucket with the empty one and began milking the Slorr again. The Slorr nodded in response to (F/n)'s remark before returning to her food. "I mean, that's easy for you to say, your practically an animal whisperer".

"Now your just making excuses!" (F/n) responded, though he wasn't wrong. You could speak to animals, in your own way. "I just listen better, instead of always barging in like a certain someone". Giggling at your own joke, you finished up and thanked the creature. Trying to pick up the pails, full of stinky light blue liquid, but failing miserably. Soon they glowed a blue hue and started floating.

"Didn't Merlin told you to not use magic when-" You had gotten cut off when one of the buckets lost the magic, blue, hue and almost fell in mid-air. Flicking your wrist, the bucket and the contents in it halted, luminescing again in a shade of (F/c). "Doux, you need to be more careful if your using magic, you need to concentrate" you finished explaining, floating the contents back into the bucket, and placing them on the ground.

"Maybe a little distracted for a certain beauty," He sheepishly admitted and looked away.

(F/n) came up with a cheeky comeback and turned towards him, "Awwwwww! So you do like Slorr!" You teased further and he practically blushed an embarrassment of how you turned his words against him, " I do not!" The young apprentice yells.

~~~

SPLASH!

"What-" (F/n) opens her eyes to see her cat, knocked over her cup of water from their bedside counter. "Really Walter?" they grumble, "Why did I even adopt you, if all your gonna do is break stuff?" she questioned the cat, but since it finally got attention from its owner it decided to cuddle up on her face. "Arrghh! Walter!" you muffled a giggle, "let me Sleep innn~". The cat, however, started meowing for more attention, convincing the sleepy (F/N). Picking both the cat and yourself up from your bed you moved to the kitchen to make a cup of hot chocolate. You leaned on the kitchen counter sipping the chocolate before turning to your cat that now bounced up to the table. Considering you were a post-grad student, you lived alone. But you always talked to Walter as if he was an actual person.

"Hey Walter," you patted him, "I had the weirdest dream while I was asleep". Walter now and again purrs and meows in response. "I was in an almost fantasy world, it felt so real. Oh! Oh! and there was this weird creature, what was it called, a Slorr?" you questioned your own creativity of the dream and sipped at the cup again. Walter bit your thinger as you stopped patting him, so you began again. "There was this cute boy, but I never got his name. He looked so familiar, well actually, the entire dream felt like a déjà vu scenario". You went over to your phone sitting on the charger and looked of the time.

When you did, your eyes were about to pop out. "Ah! No No No No!!" You rushed around grabbing all your stuff. "I'm gonna be late! Late! Late! Late!". It was your first job as a Teacher, and ever since a job opened up at the same school you graduated you couldn't be more stoked to Teach their yourself. "Got my wallet, got my keys got my notebook, got the chocolates. Did I need anything else?". Once you convinced yourself you fed Walter his food and quickly left the building. "Arcadia Oaks! Here I come!" you encouraged yourself before the noisy neighbours told you off for yelling.

~At Arcadia Oaks High~

Stepping off the bus, you walked to the school you had wished never to see again, though with whatever will you found in college to become a teacher, brought you straight back the school of Arcadia Oaks. You entered the new Principals office, Karl Uhl. "Excuse me, Karl Uhl?"

"Just Karl will be fine, (F/n), you're a bit late but since your the only Teacher that was willing to take the job I will ignore that first strike". He said sternly before standing from his chair.

"Yes apologise sir, traffic, am I right?" You played but quickly regained your attention as he leads you down the hall. "I'm sure it was a nightmare, now, the teacher lounge shouldn't be too far, from your classroom" He pointed and showed a quick layout of the school before stopping at your class. "So here is your Class, we do 6 subjects a day, good luck Miss (L/n)".

You entered the class seeing a student swinging from a fan hitting and falling onto a kid not expecting a teacher to suddenly appear, "Hah! take that but snack!" called the blonde on top of the other student.

'kids' you sighed in your head. "Please sit down class" you placed your things on the desk and waited for Mr Uhl to take the blond kid to his office and you close the door. You put on the best smile and turn to look at the students. "Alrighty" you walk around to the front of the desk and leaned on it crossing your arms. "Who here doesn't like history?"

Basically, the entire class put their hand up. "Well, a bit more than I expected but we can change those numbers" you mumbled and walked up to the board grabbing the dusty chalk. Your name is written in the middle, "Names Ms (L/n) if that's too hard to pronounce then call me by the first letter of my name." You commenced your long and painful history lesson for the students.

word count: 1136