VII

~~

To say that the brownies worked would be an understatement. 

I got so high that I decided climbing up the roof to take photos was something that normal people did. Which would have been fine. If I had climbed using sneakers instead of six-inch heels. 

The party had been broken up twenty minutes ago much to my annoyance. But to get back at them, I hid from the boys. That was when my wonderful idea of climbing the roof struck me. 

I stumble as I make my way around the roof looking for the perfect spot to take a picture. I find the perfect spot behind the chimney. All you could see from there was the night sky and the silhouettes of trees that looked like shrubs from the roof. 

I turn the camera on my phone to selfie mode and try to position it on the chimney which fails as it kept dropping down instead of standing upright. 

I sigh in annoyance as it falls once again, and bend to pick it up when I hear somebody making their way toward me. I look to my left to see Nathan's face illuminated by the light of the moon as he walks to where I was standing noisily. Very noisily.

I frown and then look up at the sky and shake my head. I start to speak but erupt in giggles as I see his face clearly when he comes closer. Someone had painted his face to resemble a clown. His nose was bright red and multicolored lines ran across his forehead. 

Nathan glares at me but continues to make his way up to me undeterred by my boisterous laughing. Just as he was a couple of feet away, I finally pick my phone, take a quick selfie and run to the other side, farther away from the clown that was in love with my soulmate. 

I giggle as I jump from one step to another and twirl every five steps I take. I stop moving when I lose sight of Nathan. I start giggling and laughing as I thought about how painted his face looked and how smart I was to run from him. 

I start twirling around as I look at the stars while giggling. I spot a constellation that looks like a smiley and another one that looks like a dollop of mayo. 

Distracted by the stars, I don't notice the faint sounds of footfalls. When I do realize that I wasn't alone, it was too late. Sebastian had already grabbed me from behind with my arms behind me.  Nathan stood by his side ready to catch me if I somehow escape from Sebastian's steel grip. 

I thrash against his hands, trying to get away from the two idiots who were not letting me have any fun. My capture leans down to my ears and whispers, "You can't escape now."

I don't wait for a second and bring my head back, headbutting his face. The shock of being hit loosens his grip slightly, but enough for me to escape. I slip out of his arms only to run into Nathan who looks at me smirking. I smile an innocent smile, giggle and then stomp on his foot making good use of the six inches of my heels. 

His face contorts into one lidded with heavy pain and I laugh and run away from them. I could hear them chasing me. And out of nowhere, somebody else comes into my vision. 

Caroline.

I grin and go up to her putting an arm around her side. I ask, "I thought you passed out? What are you doing here?"

She grins a smile that has my blood stopping. 

Traitor.