Chapter 1

Ten Years Ago

"The Lycans, they're coming! Hide!"

Everyone ran, they hid inside with their guns and whatever else they could arm themselves with. Every once and a while, the Lycans would come and turn others. With them, every great while, a man came with them. A tattered coat, hat, dressed in boots with a cigar hanging from his mouth.

Not to mention the hammer, couldn't forget the hammer. Every once and a while, it wasn't very often that he left his factory. Anyone that was ever taken there never returned. No one ever saw them again.

Outside stood a young woman with raven black hair. Her eyes were ice blue, they were lighter than the sky, but darker than the snow. She stood at the stables, standing in front of her horse. She wouldn't let the Lycans devour her horse, she'd prefer to give her life first.

As snarling echoed through the village, screams began to cry into the sky. Her body tensed as she took a pistol from her side. She cocked it back, eyes scanning the houses and the trees.

The snarling came closer and a Lycan lunged at her. With one swift move, a gun shot echoed into the air. The Lycan collapsed, now lacking a head. More began to surround her as voices screamed her name.

"Run!"

There would be no running now, this would be her death.

However, the Lycans didn't move and just stared at her. Behind them was the man, one of the Lords the villagers worshipped.

The House of Heisenberg.

Lord Heisenberg for that matter.

"I didn't think there would be anyone outside, you must be pretty tough." Heisenberg smirked at her.

The raven haired woman stared at him, aiming her pistol at him. Her hands did not shake, they did not falter.

"So, what are you doing outside?" Heisenberg asked, taking a puff off of his cigar. She was something else to be standing out there. She heard the Lycans and her family was screaming inside.

She breathed, almost calmly. "Protecting my horse."

Her horse? Heisenberg raised a brow behind his glasses and peered at the jet black horse behind her. Why would she protect a horse rather than her own blood?

It was interesting, she was even more interesting.

"I like you," Heisenberg smirked. It wasn't a liking such as him taking her as the next test subject, the next project, but a different type of liking.

Her raven hair and blue eyes, the way she was calm when pointing a gun at him. She had not faltered, not yet.

"What's your name?"

Slowly, she put her gun down, "Aislin."

***

A romance blossomed with the hot head. She was completely opposite of him, she was the one that kept him calm. She made him think things out thoroughly, he loved her deeply and thought they would be fine. She was human, but Aislin was something different.

He kept her hidden from everyone, he wouldn't let anyone know about her.

Especially not Miranda.

The woman would twist his love for Aislin and find a way to hurt her, take her. It wasn't often that Aislin left the factory, the two would sometimes leave together. Not once did he leave her side.

However, in the middle of the night one night, she was gone. Everything about her had left the village, she was just gone.

No note was left behind, nothing to explain what had happened. Though a hot head and cruel, he had treated her and given her everything he could have possibly.

He loved her.

Though, it didn't seem entirely mutual.

That had been ten years ago, there was never any note about Aislin and nothing was ever found. He spent sometime in the village, but her family was also gone.

Aislin just disappeared like she was not even there.

Life didn't go on simply.

Anger and frustration was taken out on the village.

However, word reached Mother Miranda of a new child in the village. She had no family and she had no home. The villagers had casted the girl out, leaving her to die in the cold.

Tell of raven black hair, but also that she would only bring bad luck. Like the woman before her who was taken by one of the Lords.

Raven black hair.

***

"Bring her to me," Heisenberg hissed, sitting in the factory. He had one more Lycan he had to engineer. He didn't want to go out himself, but he also knew that the Lycans would take care of it. They were still human in their mind, though they were also not at the same time.

It had to be before Mother Miranda got her hands on the girl. Perhaps it was a mistake, but perhaps it wasn't.

He needed to know, could it be someone she's related to?

None of it made sense, but he had to know. None in the village looked like Aislin, but she was almost like a curse. The first time he had gone into the village in sometime and he happened to leave with a woman with raven hair and ice blue eyes.

Heisenberg stopped, looking at the Lycan in front of him. She was beautiful, his heart broke for her still. Ten years later and he didn't know why she would leave, it made no sense. He stood up, throwing his tools into the wall. He snatched his hammer and started out.

Though he had told them to find her, he would do it himself. The village was only a short walk from the factory. If they had thrown the girl to the Lycans, she wouldn't be hard to find.

The closer he got to the village, the more his stomach hurt. He didn't think he could simply move past her abandoning him, but there had to be a reason, right?

As he walked outside the village, there was a loud scream. Heisenberg walked towards the child like screaming and stopped.

In front of her were Lycans, though they didn't touch the child.

The Lycans moved with his arrival. As they did, he saw the raven black hair of the girl, though her eyes weren't entirely ice blue. Instead, one was ice blue and the other was green. He stared at the young girl.

Her clothing was tattered and there were scratches and bruises on her, fresh. No doubt from the villagers.

However, she looked a lot like Aislin. He could see her, she had the exact same facial features, but her eyes were different. She didn't move as she stared at him and he didn't move as he stared at her.

Her face was red, stained with tears and her eyes were puffy. He placed his hammer on his shoulder and started close to the girl.

She pressed her back to the house she was hiding against, scooting her feet into the snow.

Something in his heart told him that he couldn't harm her, she was only a child. Better yet, there was a good possibility she was Aislin's daughter. He reached down, picking her up. She stopped fighting once she did, though tears continued to stream down her face.

She was just a child, but something told him that he knew what was going on. Somewhere, deep in his heart, he knew.