Chapter 6

Small authors note before continuing with this story. I have taken to writing my own stories lately, but I am still going to do my best to update my fanfictions. My absence has been brought on by multiple scenarios. My oldest dog, Dot, passed in November of 2021 so writing has taken a back seat. I finally came to terms with what happened and I have five other Dachshunds (if you check my profile, you can see all my dogs, though Ruby's head was cut off when I added it). Also, working on YouTube videos and running a media company gets tiring... then my grandfather passed about two months back and I was diagnosed with severe Scoliosis.

Honestly, it had been a long few months, but I am hoping to get to updating again! So here it to more writing and getting some stuff done!

Thank you for reading, enjoy

~ Morgan

***

Taking Caelan out to the village was risky, but the child had been driving him nuts. Was this what it was like to be a father? He was doing this all alone, he could only imagine what it was like on Aislin.

She had begged and pleaded, but he figured he couldn't leave a child locked up for so long. He had wrapped a tattered piece of clothing around Caelan, doing his best to cover her face.

If Miranda found out, it wouldn't just be Aislin he had to worry about if she returned.

When she returned.

Caelan didn't mention much about her mother, but she knew that she was leaving to find a cure for the mold.

There was no cure, but Heisenberg could see how much Aislin loved Caelan. She spoke highly of what her mother had taken her to do growing up, but something stopped when Aislin started becoming ill herself.

One day, everything changed and Aislin said she had to stay with her father for a little while.

If only he had listened to Aislin the first time.

Heisenberg placed his hammer on his shoulder, watching Caelan play in the field in front of the factory. She would disappear every once and a while into the field and then pop up.

Her laughing echoed, though quietly. It made him smile, slightly, but only for a short while.

Caelan had Aislin's laugh. Aislin had done her best to always make Heisenberg laugh, but he never had appreciated it until she was gone.

He sighed, sitting his hammer down and he leaned against the handle, watching Caelan.

The brush would move with her, he never truly lost sight of her.

The Lycans wouldn't follow her, they wouldn't dare mess with her out of fear for him.

As long as Miranda didn't know or the other Lords, there wouldn't be anything to worry about.

"Don't go far, Caelan."

"Dad, can we go in the snow?" Caelan stopped, looking at the gate to the factory.

She wanted to go towards the village. Miranda lurked there, she was also looking for Caelan.

Heisenberg walked towards her, setting his hammer down beside her as the child peered out the gate. She had a wide grin on her face.

"I'm afraid not." He picked Caelan up off the ground.

In such a short time, he had become one of the most powerful Lords and now he was being a father to a child he had never met.

He knew that Aislin wouldn't like and Caelan had an uncanny appearance to the both of them. She wouldn't lie, the two were never separated after all. The timing was also exactly right.

"Why not?" Caelan's eyes filled with tears as she stared at the gate. "I like the snow, dad!" Caelan cried.

Heisenberg sighed, it was just a chance he was unwilling to take. "Caelan, I have questions about your mom.."

"Mommy?" Caelan perked up and the tears disappeared within seconds. A grin appeared on her face, "when is she coming back?"

Heisenberg sighed, "I'm not sure.... Did your mother ever mention coming back here? Back to see me?"

There was silence between the two, Caelan was staring at the ground and her hands. She tried to think back to any conversations that her and Aislin had between them. "Mommy.... mentioned missing you... a lot. She had a bunch of maps in her room."

Maps?

Heisenberg sighed, lifting his hammer. He placed it on his shoulder and started back towards the factory. There was much he needed to figure out, but there wasn't a bunch that Caelan could tell him. She was just a child and he was pushing her.

Finding her mother was top priority, but so was keeping Caelan safe. If he let her get caught, if someone found out about her, that would be the end of them both and wherever Aislin was, the same would happen to her.

The end of all three of them. The doors to the factory opened and Heisenberg looked down at Caelan. Her head rested against his chest and her eyes were closed. She was still just a child and had much to learn about the real world just as he had a lot to learn about being a father.

He hoped Aislin could be apart of it too. "I need to get to their home," he murmured as the door to the factory closed behind him.