Chapter 3

Being thrown into a father role so quickly, he wasn't quite sure how on earth he was supposed to manage a child while being under Miranda's thumb 24/7. Not to mention he had to hide the existence of his daughter, none of them could find out about her. The chance she would be taken from him was extremely high, but the fact that Aislin had left a note for him and sent his daughter his way meant something.

Perhaps she was in hiding, there was no way a mother would leave their child alone with someone like him. Whether or not he was the child's father, that wasn't the point, he didn't know how to raise a child. Aislin and him had been together, there was no doubt she was his. She looked like her mother, but Caelan's eyes were another thing entirely.

That was the only reason he had an idea, the only reason he believed she was truly his. Heisenberg's eyes shifted to Caelan who had finally fallen asleep on the floor. She made no arguments of where she slept, but she didn't want to be left alone.

Heisenberg had puzzle pieces to place together, things he had to figure out about his daughter. Better yet, things to figure out as far as her mother went. The name thought ran through his head, where was her mother?

What exactly happened to Aislin?

Heisenberg groaned in frustration as he dug his knife into the table, rolling it farther and farther into the wood. He needed to be especially careful not to wake her, how hard would it be to get a child back to sleep anyways?

So much happened at once, it wasn't like he had enough going on already. He knew what he had done, he knew he should've been more careful. Better yet, perhaps looked for Aislin more than he did. Miranda wouldn't have let him get far, though he assumed she knew about Aislin before anyone else.

She kept them all under her thumb until she got what she wanted. That begged the question, would his child be apart of her plan?

His eyes scanned Caelan who didn't move with exception to her breathing. She slept rather soundly, it reminded him of how Aislin slept. She slept lightly, but when she did sleep, she didn't move much at all.

Heisenberg sighed, pulling up a chair. He took a seat, taking his knife out of the table. He moved it around on the palm of his hand, trying to think of what all he could do to conceal his child's existence. Miranda was always looking for a new pawn, a new host for her daughter.

They were all just her toys, they weren't a real family. He wanted a family with Aislin, the more time they had spent together. They were complete opposites, but she had seen the good in his heart. Even if Caelan wasn't the host of Eva, he couldn't let Miranda find out about her. It didn't matter whether she was or she wasn't, Caelan would be taken. 

The same cards that had been dealt to him and the other Lords would be dealt to his daughter. Heisenberg removed his glasses and rubbed his face. This was all so much to take in, but he had a burning in his heart. How could she just leave her daughter with him? Heisenberg leaned back, looking at the sleeping child.

Aislin didn't have another option, if she did, Caelan would be elsewhere. He was a terrible option, but clearly the last resort.

So many questions, but no one to answer them. His daughter couldn't answer them, she was so little. Aislin didn't speak of her problems with him, they never talked about anything personally. Every now and then he would bitch and complain about the other Lords and Miranda, but Aislin only listened.

Heisenberg sighed, putting his glasses back on. As he did, a ring echoed into the air. He jumped slightly, having been taken from the real world into his own thoughts. Heisenberg looked back, sighing, it was just his phone. He took a glance at Caelan who remained a sleep and walked to the phone.

The only way he communicated with Miranda, she never stopped by and that was the way he preferred it. He picked up the phone, listening to the other side.

"Heisenberg, gather for a family meeting."

Heisenberg gritted his teeth, what was he supposed to do with Caelan? "Yes, Mother Miranda." He hung up the phone and rolled his eyes.

There it was, a family meeting. Heisenberg could only dryly chuckle at the situation he was in now. He slowly walked over to Caelan who still remained asleep. He could leave her in the factory, but what trouble would she get into? Heisenberg sighed, he could make sure the Lycans wouldn't attack her, but none would come this far into the factory. He placed a hand on her arm and within a second, her little eyes popped open.

She didn't call him daddy, he wondered if she actually had any ideas as to who he was to her. While that didn't matter, it also plagued his mind. "Caelan, I have to leave... I need you to stay here."

Caelan stared at him, remaining silent.

"Do you understand?" He asked. She was just a child, but he knew she would. This would be better than Miranda finding out about her. She knew everything that went on in the village, but not always in the respective Lord's homes.

Caelan slowly nodded, "a-are you going to come back?" She stared at him, she didn't want to be left alone, but she wouldn't leave either. Everything outside was scary, this was a safe place.

Heisenberg smiled and nodded, "I will come back." He patted her head, standing up. "Just stay here." He walked away from Caelan, picking up his hammer as he made his way out.