Prologue

Things were going well for the band club.

They had won the band competition.

Drew, Henry, and Liam had stopped teasing them and apologized for their past actions, and they were on good terms.

Jake still remained good friends with his old friends and is still in the music club, where he continues to pursue his passion for singing.

Luke and Zander were still a happy, in love as ever couple.

Milly was growing a lot closer to her long-time crush, while making amends with an old enemy.

Sean was enjoying his final year of school, excited for graduation.

And Hailey... She finally felt at peace. Winning the competition took so much stress off of her.

However, all the happiness she'd worked for all comes crumbling down, with the power of one simple thing.

"The Love Letter Game."

"What about it?" The teal-haired girl asked, reaching to grab the textbook from the top shelf of her locker.

"Can you guys just try it!" Milly groaned, throwing her head back in annoyance.

"Milly, for the last time, I don't like anyone!" Hailey loudly sighed, "You can't exactly play the game without a crush."

The younger girl huffed in annoyance, between turning around, "What about you, Sean?"

"Sorry, Milly," The ebony-haired teenager apologized, "Same as Hailey, I don't like anyone."

Milly's eyes narrowed in irritation, before glancing at Zander, "And I take it you aren't writing any letters since you're all boring and in a relationship now?"

Zander scoffed in response, "Yes, actually. I don't exactly plan on cheating on my boyfriend," He retorted, "Thanks for the offer, though.

"What about me?" The pianist slightly jumped, spinning around, to see the auburn-haired boy he was just talking about standing behind him.

"Oh," Zander breathed out. After receiving a small peck on the cheek from Luke, he continued, "Milly doesn't wanna do the game alone. The one where you send the love letters?"

"Right, that one," Luke mused, quickly taking an understanding of the situation, before averting his gaze to the youngest club member, "Well, you know, Milly, you should just go for it. I mean, I deeply regret not telling Zander how I felt years earlier. Besides, Elliot would be super lucky to have you as a girlfriend!"

Milly strained a laugh, staring down at her feet, "You're just saying that."

"No!" Sean quickly denied, smiling at his friend, "Luke's right! It's his loss if he rejects you!"

The fuschia-haired girl shyly smiled at her friends, "Thanks, guys..." A certain, rare sincerity in her tone.

Shifting the topic, Luke glanced at his charcoal-eyed childhood friend, "So, Hailey, anyone you plan on writing a letter to?"

Before she could reply, Sean stepped in, "Hailey doesn't like anyone in that way, neither do I."

Luke nodded in response. There was a small, slightly awkward silence, before Milly broke it, rambling on about how difficult math class was.

Hailey found her focus elsewhere, gentle eyes glued to the dirty white ground, as she got lost in her own jumble of thoughts. Because there was in fact someone she was so utterly, deeply, completely in love with.

She just hadn't realized it yet.