Beware the B.U.D.D.Y. System

Only a small percentage of people that read my stories actually follow me, so if you end up liking this chapter, consider following. It's free and you can always change your mind. Enjoy the chapter.

I woke up to the sound of text notifications. I groaned and sat up, unlocking my phone.

Launchpad

Y/N

Y/N

N/N

YOU HAVE TO COME OVER

N/N

DEWEY WILL BE HERE

HURRY

i'm coming

stop spamming

I got up, grabbed my jacket and phone, and climbed out from underneath the stage. Lena wasn't there, so I assumed she was either doing something for Magica or hanging out with Webby.

I started heading for McDuck Manor, knowing Launchpad lives on the premises. I had to look around for a bit, but I found the garage. I knocked on the door but there was no answer, so I opened it.

"Big day Dewey. Mustard stain or ketchup stain?" I heard Launchpad saying.

"Mustard looks less like blood," Dewey said. I closed the door and walked in. "What is this weird show?" Dewey said.

"Excuse me?!" I said from the doorway.

"N/N! You came!" Launchpad said.

"This show is a masterpiece," I said ignoring him. "It's one of the best superhero shows ever."

"Ha, maybe when LP was a kid," Dewey said. "This hero guy doesn't fly or shoot lasers or anything."

"Some of the best superheroes are 'super,' " I said, putting "super" in air quotes.

"And that just made him even more heroic," Launchpad said.

"Why didn't he just use CGI?" Dewey said.

"Ha, ha. Real heroes don't need high tech special effects or basic safety precautions," Launchpad said. I wanted to argue about the second part but I just ignored it. "So, how do I look?" he said.

I sighed and went to his kitchen. I wet a rag and scrubbed it against the mustard stain on his shirt.

"There," I said when it was almost invisible. "Wash your clothes later." Launchpad thanked me and the three of us got into the limo.

"Remember Dewey, a true hero thinks of his gut or not at all," Launchpad said. "Right D.W?" He pushed the head of the Darkwing bobble head he had on his dashboard.

"Let's get dangerous!" I said along with the bobble.

"What's the special occasion anyway?" Dewey asked.

"I finally got my driver's license," Launchpad said.

"Uh, wait what?"

Launchpad drove through the garage door and Dewey and I screamed.

"Ugh! How are you even a driver without a driver's license?" Dewey said.

"Hey, come on I got a pilot's license don't I-wait don't I?" I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Aren't you worried Scrooge will find out?" Dewey said.

"You kidding? I had them mail the license straight to him so he'd be the first to know. He's gonna be so proud of me," Launchpad said, and I remembered what episode we were in.