14

Never, never, never, give up.
- Winston Churchill

Today was the day that me and La'Keisha start looking for Freddy. I know this man means so much to Ms. Lisa and for her to worry everyday and then to see her daughter in jail cause of the same things he did made me want to find him even more. We drove to the bar and when we walked in it was lively, young people and a lot of older people which was very good. It still had its present day feel but the setting looking like we were back in the 60's or something and they just renovated it a little bit. I started at the bar and Keisha was going to talk to some guys around the pool tables. I seen a guy maybe in his late 50's early 60's who was working behind the bar. Knowing that Freddy is a wanted man we had to keep a low profile incase there were any officers in here.

"What is yo beautiful self doing in hea? You and dat guhh over thea the only two woman hea. So what can I do fa ya?".

"Hi um first question are there any police officers in here?".

"Not at dis' time of day. They come round 8 close ta 9".

"Ok good. Um do you know or have heard of a man name Freddy Washington?".

"Guhh you cant be sayin dat name out loud like dat. Come hea". We went down to the far end of the bar where no was at. "How you kno dis' man? You yung".

"Well his wife is someone I am very close with and me and my friend were looking for him so that she can know if he's alive or not. Its been 26 years sir and we know he use to come here all the time. So can you give us something?".

"Well I can tell ya dis' he alive alright buy he aint gone by Freddy no moe. His name is Chuck Godfrey ion kno whea he livin but he was hea a few months back. He bald na and got fat a lil. Ion kno nun else, but let me tell ya sum. Yall be careful lookin fa him, you go up to the wrong person and that the end of him he gone down you hea me? Watch who ya talk to". Yes thank you first round in and we already got something. I went over to Keisha and she just finished talking to these two dudes and we walked back into the car.

"Ok so what you got?". I asked her.

"Alright so the dudes I talked to told me he still in the U.S which is good, um he drives a black 98 jaguar and he has a lot of facial hair like a full out beard and all that. What you got?".

"Ok he changed his name, the man told me he was here a few months back and he got chunky".

"If he was here and changed his appearance and all that why wouldnt he go see Ms. Lisa?".

"Maybe they would be expecting him to go there after all these years. But we got a good start so next thing to do is look him up try to find out where he at and make a move". We rode back to Keisha house to see if we could look for him on our own. This was so good, its like we basically got everything we needed.

"Ok so we gotta search his name cause thats really all we got. No address and no liscence plate, great. Looking for one man out of billions. Alright Chuck ... Godfrey".

"This looks harder. There is literally thousands if men with that name!".

"Good for him bad for us". We looked all over the internet and came to a dead end. "You think we should look somewhere else?".

"No the man behind the bar said to watch who we talk to cause right now we are literally putting this mans life on the line. We basically got everything we need".

"Except for some good technology to find him".

"Way to throw that out there. Ugh ima figure something out, i'll call you later". I got up and went home. This had crushed my hopes to find him. But good thing is he's alive and thats important, the best part out of all this. Im not stopping though, this only the beginning and were going to find him believe me on that. My phone started ringing and it was Jay calling on facetime.