Epilogue: In the Proper Timeline

Beneath the ground, a well-hidden lair wrapped in secrets basked in tranquility. The place is cold with an atmosphere heavy of sadness and despair. However no matter how much sound one would make, it shall never reach the surface. It is said that crying is utterly useless here. Hope was never a commodity to be found. Once a person is damned to be a resident in this abode, it is either death or be reborn as a monster. A destructive seeking monster with no respect for life. And yet despite the horror all around, a raven haired man enjoys his slumber. His features are immaculate, truly it can be said he does not belong in such a dwelling. His indifference is sign that he has grown accustomed to the dreadfulness in this sanctuary. Underneath his beauty, is it just an empty vessel or a beast awaiting the day to pounce on its prey?

Caught in a state of deep sleep an unfamiliar chakra with malice tickled his senses. It was meant to be a silent and stealthy intrusion. However, it is never easy to sneak up on Uchiha Sasuke. Doing something so futile surely irritates him to the core. The nerve of this person trying to pull something like that to him while he is enjoying a time of rest. Whoever it maybe he will pay dearly for disturbing his sleep. Without turning his body, his back facing the intruder he let out a pinch of displeasure. The chakra release was akin to a snake staring at its prey. Hypnotizing the victim and with one wrong move, the serpent will attack and devour. This person definitely came to die or desire serious injury the least. Who could be so foolish? The uninvited guest did not speak but is aware that he is awake.

The alabaster skinned smiling man wondered with this cold attitude what made him important. That to a point Naruto and Sakura went into all this trouble to get him back. Sure he has great power, but sinister beings like him are better off dead than alive. Initially he took the job to assassinate him for the betterment of Konoha. He is an undeniable threat as reports say. An evil that needs to be uprooted at the shortest time possible. However, for the sake of Naruto and Sakura who somehow made him feel more human, he will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Expressing his confidence, Sai spoke that he has come to take him back to Konoha. Despite his difficulty in expressing emotions he tried his best to sound determined. The reason for his decision is to fill his curiosity about bonds that his now two teammates keep talking about. He was even surprised himself that the two managed to rub into him. The listener seemed uninterested with his cause. Asserting that he is willing to do what it takes to drag him back, Sai set himself up for battle mode. It seems that his target is unwilling to comply so force will be necessary. With confidence he released his jutsu to contain the Uchiha.

"Bonds?" The Uchiha kept his sleeping position on the bed. What a laugh. His back still facing the unwanted visitor he expressed discontent. "You woke me up to speak of bonds?" Such an infuriating topic so unworthy of this disturbance. He does not care about such needless things. Sasuke was pissed that the ground shook. No one is worth having bonds with. In the end people just want to do what is convenient for them. It is useless to indulge into such emotions. Succeeding the tremor express his dissatisfaction. Not long after it was a powerful explosion. Damn this attacker, did he not have better reasons to approach him for? What petty excuse of a purpose. His irritability flew the roof and it broke him free of the aggressors grasp.

"You live up to your reputation, to overpower my jutsu is quite something." The unwanted visitor praised the sharingan user. So he really is as good as the rumors say. It seems he will be putting up a good fight. The underground room was fully destroyed. The explosion removed the whole lair's ceiling. Which lead to the scenario of, the assailant was left in the pit while the prey managed to jump off to the surface. Has the tables been turned? The sun stood bright, lighting the Uchiha's regal features. He seems very annoyed of the situation. Honestly if this guy wanted to attack, he might as made it worth his while. The stupid intruder barely gave him a scratch.

In a few seconds, running footsteps can be heard nearing the scene. A familiar chakra elated Sasuke's senses. Could it be? Is it she? Not long after pink locks came to his view. The woman angrily grabbed his aggressor by the neck. Her eyes were as expressive as always. "You what the hell are you after?" The female voice furiously questioned. "How many times do you plan to stab us in the back before your.." It seems her temper has gone from bad to worse through the years. It was quite amusing to watch. But Sasuke did not to waste any more time. Why the heck is she here anyway? How the hell did they find this place? The Uchiha could not help himself but utter. "Ah is it Sakura?"

The lady let go of Sai's neck. Very much moved by that voice whom she longed to hear. After all these years, is it him? Her heart throbbed erratically. Have they finally found him? Has all their labors finally born fruit? The rosette turned her gaze from artist to the owner of the speech above them. She could not judge if it was the sun or the sight of him was blinding. Raising her head towards the light onyx met emerald. No words could convey what she is feeling right now. It is as if an oasis was finally found in the desert. A lost soul has found its home. In all mixed emotions which her face cannot hide all she could do was say, "Sasuke-kun.."

And for that moment it seemed eternity between them has stopped.

In another dimension...

In a sanctuary not bound by time and space an amused smirk was cast on the rabbit priestess face. The resolution of the wish will now commence. "Indra my child, from here on forth live your wish accordingly." She stared at the moment of reunion which was taking place. In time the woman will awaken the seal on her forehead. It will be a sign of their reunion. But it will not just be the two of them. There is a third player in this game. A sun kissed blue eyed man will be joining their reunion too. It will be such a lovely day.

"In time, you all will be caught in my arms of endless slumber." Licking her lips in anticipation. "I await the day to consume you my dear Indra and your brother Asura."

Author's note: Tada its finished. I really wanted to adhere to the storyline so I decided to conclude it this way. Thank you all who have been with me in this journey. Until the next story.