⚜️Mother ⚜️

Y/n POV

After I had finished dinner with my friends I decided that I had to leave. It had gotten a bit dark but still I waved goodbye to my friends and thanked Oliver's mother for the delicious food. But I needed to find my own mother now.

The night's sky chill mixed with the trail of never-ending snow didn't make the journey any better. Vision at this point was not helpful at all as snow and darkness were all that was there.

My only sense of direction was from nostalgia and the thickness of the snow below my feet. Which had clearly not been managed for I will as my shoes sunk deeper than usual into the soft snow.

As I trekked on I could see the faint outline of the worn-down church that was all too familiar. The crumbling walls of my childhood and the place where Mother usually resided.

I felt a twinge in the corner of my lip at the thought. The excitement threatens to burst through every limb of my body.

"Grrrrrrr"

Pause.

Time stood still as the noise cut through the air like a knife. All the excitement I once held had now been drained as well as the blood in my face.

I looked around to see five pairs of glowing eyes staring at me. Several dangerous glaring 'things' with twisted canines, even in the dark, were clearly snapping in my direction. In an attempt to ward them off, I give the creatures a deathly glare but they continue to draw closer.

One of them lept and began charging towards me so I went on the defensive. My feet leave the ground to put myself out of reach of their potentially deadly attack but not out of reach from their leering eyes.

For a moment the growling quiets down to low rumples, their matted heads tilting slightly. Their animalistic version of confusion I guess. Preoccupied with this new phenomenon, I took the opportunity and thrust my hands upwards.

Each creature was swept up by an invisible force propelling them into the air. They had become a flock of flailing limbs and distressed mewls.

It would have looked funny if they weren't bloodthirsty animals man-things whose only purpose is to kill.

In their flurry, the forces didn't stop them from slamming into each other from every direction. One of the creatures who had been armed with a rusted axe began to spin out of control. Dicing all its comrades that came into contact like a human blender.

It got closer, spinning out of control with dismembered limbs falling from the sky like rain. I didn't have time to react...

*Splat*

The side of my face was now covered with their remains. I was frozen. Slowly, my hands found where I had been violated. The fingers I had wiped across my face were now covered with blood that almost looked black with chunks and flesh and hair.

'EWWW!!!'

Quickly flicking the remnants from my hands and face, I lost control of the creatures, and in the same hand motion, they went down. I cringed at the loud crunch that sounded when their body hit the ground.

It was all so gruesome yet I couldn't look away.

A light cackle then pulled me out of the staring contest I was having with the Lycan's corpse.

Below me, just a few feet away from the chaos, there stood an old crone. The hunched-over woman wore dark grey rags and leaned her weight on her wooden staff as she hobbled closer.

I descended from the sky lady a few meters away from her as I was unaware of her true intention.

"I am surprised"

She started, her gravelly voice suddenly spouting causing me to look directly at the woman.

"Such a young woman, such as yourself, able to defeat these feral beasts and survive."

Her eyes were milky white. Blind maybe? Yet there was something so familiar about this crone.

"But most peculiar, you have the ability of flight and telekinesis."

"That's right..."

I say, my suspicions still high.

"There once was a girl that roamed this village with abilities similar to your own."

'Great'

"The village has not been the same since the departure of its fifth lord."

Oh. Oh, I know.

There had only been one person who ever referred to her with such name not even the villagers had called her this.

I lean towards the side of the elderly woman's face.

" Hello Mother as an old crone, can I see the form of my real mother so I can hug her without worrying if I'm gonna break her back?" The old woman then cackled and I stood back. Wings emerged from her back and engulfed the woman leaving a taller more regal woman in her place.

She then opened her arms to me and I quickly launched myself into them as she embraced me.

"I missed you, Mother"

Miranda's POV

"I have missed you as well, my love," I say with my arms still tightly wrapped around my girl.

After I had found her, I was so sure she would be a perfect vessel for Eva so I treated her like my own. Though she wasn't a perfect match, my affection for her remained the same as somehow she had found a way to break down all the walls I had built around myself.

We walked back to the church where she made us tea and we chatted about her life in the outside world.

Then I noticed that she was shivering "Y/n, my love are you cold?" She then nodded and I stood up and led her into a room with a fireplace in it. Next to the fireplace, there was a large couch with a blanket hanging over the side.

I then sat placing her on the other side of the couch. We lay in a comfortable silence and I hummed enjoying the presence of my daughter that I have longed for so long. I watched her heavy eyes struggle to stay open. "Close your eyes, my dear. You need the rest" I said with a concerned tone and my hand cupping her right cheek.

I then handed her the blanket which she immediately took and she dozed off, her head landing on my shoulder. I leaned my head on top of hers as my eyes slowly drifted closed as well.