The Choice that Decides the Future

The car ride to the police station was very awkward to say the least. Izuku wasn't handcuffed but Gran Torino sat in the back to make sure she didn't try anything. New rookie detective Tsukauchi drove them to the station, never having been in a situation like this before.

After a very long 8 minute drive the three arrived at the police station. Tsukauchi got out and opened the door for Gran Torino and Izuku. Gran Torino stepped and Izuku quickly stepped out afterwards, not bothering to wait for the adults.

"I don't like this. She's just a kid." Tsukauchi said.

"It's just some questioning. After that we find a orphanage for her and hope for the best." Gran Torino said.

"She doesn't have a dad?" Tsukauchi asked.

"No, no she doesn't." Gran Torino replied quickly, shutting down the converaation.

"I know her uncl-" Gran Torino walked off before Tsukauchi could finish her sentence. Izuku was sitting in a chair watching the news as some of the officers gave her some side eyes.

"Wow, mom and All Might did all that?" Izuku asked.

"Yes, those two are quite powerful. It's a good thing that the fight ended quickly." Gran Torino said.

"Well that's because my mom wiped the floor with you a few hours ago. And before that she had a awesome fight with Paragon so I'm not surprised she couldn't keep up." Izuku said.

"By awesome fight you mean?"

"I mean it was an awesome fight! I love Paragon and my mom is the strongest person I know. So when I saw them go at it I was just amazedd." Izuku said.

"And if your mom lost?" Gran Torino asked.

"Then she would have to go away for a long time." Izuku said. "But  that's ok because I could always visit if it happened."

"You seem super calm about the thought of your mom going to jail for life. Also your dad just passed, aren't you upset?" Gran Torino asked.

"Upset? No....No I'm not....upset. *sniff* I'm... a big girl. Dad said they might die...while *sniff* working....and...." Izuku ran away crying before Gran Torino could say anything else.

"Dick move dude, dick move." Tsukauchi said. "I know you don't like her mom, but she's 6. And reminding her that her dad died is really petty."

"I know, I know. I'm just upset that things have played out this way." Gran Torino said.

"I'm pretty sure all of Japan is but right now we can't take our anger out on the kid. She just acted impulsively and saved the one parent she had left, if I was her I would've done the same thing." Tsukauchi said.

"I know!" Gran Torino snapped.

"Sorry, I was out of line." Tsukauchi said.

"No, I was. I took my anger out on someone going through something 10x worse than me. Not to mention she's just a kid and she wasn't prepared for this type of thing, no matter what her parents told her." Gran Torino said.

"When did this place become a day care? Who brought the crying child!" A  female voice yelled. The men turned to see a woman in uniform, with brown hair and brown eyes, walking into the lobby.

"Oh, Cheif Nakami. We brought her ma'am." Tsukauchi said.

"Why?" Nakami asked.

"Were you not watching the news?" Tsukauchi asked.

"No, I was not. I was on break so I turned the Tv off in my office." Nakami said.

"Well I suggest you go watch it, it's easier to watch than to have us explain it." Tsukauchi said.