part thirteen

Honestly, I have no excuse as to why it takes me 2 months between updates. I am so sorry.

Also, this chapter is a little...meh. I'm sorry. I...don't know what happened with it.

Jason stood in front of the mirror in his room, adjusting the bow tie to his suit one last time. He smirked when he got it just right, slicking his hair back before doing finger guns at his reflection. 

"Jay? You ready?" Selina called from the hallway. 

"Coming!" The teen walked confidently down the hallway to his mom, a smug smile on his face. "Well? Am I sexy or what?"

Selina chuckled, linking her arm with her son. "You look very handsome." 

"Of course I do, I'm me." Jason scoffed, leading his mom out of the apartment and down to the lobby where a limousine waited for them outside. He gestured for Selina to get in the opened door first, following in afterwards and sitting next to her. 

The feline themed thief raised the barrier between the passengers and the driver, looking at her son once it was all the way up. "So, are you ready for this job?"

"You know it. I am so going to enjoy the look on Bruce Wayne's face when - "

"Jason."

"What? He's still on my shit list." Jason grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. Selina chuckled, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. He smiled up at her. "Are you ready for your job?"

"Of course." Selina snorted. "I'm Catwoman. When am I ever not ready for my job?"

"Touché. You got me there." Jason chuckled, settling against his mom. The rest of the ride was silent as they both mentally went over the plan. 

They arrived a few moments later, Jason helping Selina out of the car. She kissed his cheek as she stood up. Immediately there were flashes of cameras as they walked up the stairs of the expansive mansion. Jason clung to his mom, trying to mask his nerves with being protective. 

The mother son duo entered Wayne manor after flashing the security their tickets. Selina pulled Jason to the ballroom where the party was being held, smiles on both their faces as they blended in with the rest of the crowd. They coolly eyed the party goers from the rims of the glasses they sipped from, Jason having snagged them from a nearby server. 

Selina lightly nudged the young teen by her side, nodding across the room discretely once he looked at her. "There. Eleven o'clock. Blue tie. Black hair. That's him."

Jason scoffed, sipping his beverage once more. "That's Dick Grayson? He doesn't look like much more than an air head."

The mother cat chuckled. "He doesn't, does he? Well, looks, as you know, are very deceiving. We are a prime example of that."

"How do you mean?" Jason furrowed his brow, frowning up at his mother.

Selina smiled. "Take a look at us, at our attire and the aura we give off at the moment. Do we look like world class thieves right now?" Jason shook his head. "No. Exactly. Ergo, looks are deceiving."

Nodding curtly once, Jason turned his attention back to Dick Grayson - or, more like, where he used to be. Dick was nowhere to be seen. and this caused Jason to curse. 

He had his job for the evening and it was already turning a lot more difficult than it needed to be. 

"He is talking with his sister, Cassandra Cain, over by the windows." Selina whispered in his ear. Jason gave her a thankful look and she smirked. "You've got to be more aware, kitten."