Ennoshita X GN!reader

Hey lovelies. I hope this is ok. I'm sorry again for these taking so long to get done. I'm hoping to be able to write and publish a couple oneshots a month. If all goes well, I'll hopefully be able to start on Christmas scenarios again, seeing as I didn't even finish Karasuno's last year. But enough of my ramblings, onto the story!!

Ennoshita's POV

"Will you idiots please just shut up and sit down already?! You're going to get us kicked out!!" I growled at Tanaka and Noya, the two were being more chaotic than usual today and it had gotten on my final nerve. We had decided to change our study location from one of our houses, to a small coffee shop close to school, I'm starting to regret suggesting the idea in the first place. Once the two chaotic second years saw how I was quickly losing my patience they sat down and pulled out their books. The worker behind the counter brought us our drinks. "Here you guys go, is there anything I can get for you all?" They asked with a smile on their tired face, they looked like they hadn't slept in days. "Thank you Y/n, I think we're good. But are you ok? You look more tired than usual." I responded, genuinely concerned for their health. They shook their head and explained that the cafe has been making them close every night, which meant they closed up the place at around 1am and had to be up for school at 5am. I felt my eyes widen slightly and quickly told them to sit down with us once things weren't busy at the shop, that way they could at least rest a little bit. And they ended up doing exactly that, the rest of the afternoon they alternated between working and sitting with us, getting some cat naps in, which I'm sure helped them out a lot. Soon enough it was time for Tanaka, Noya, and I to leave, Y/n told us that they were closing tonight so they'd see us tomorrow. I wasn't exactly comfortable leaving Y/n to close the place up by themselves. Because even though we are in a good neighborhood, there are always creeps around, especially after bars close for the night. Y/n assured me that they'd be fine and I reluctantly left, wishing them a good night.

Over the next few weeks I spent more and more time at the little coffee shop, almost always with the other second years, but I did come by myself as well. For the longest time I didn't understand why I kept going to the shop, then one night it hit me, I liked Y/n! I don't know when this attraction started, but now that I was aware of it, it was almost painful to think about. There's no way they'd like me back, after all, I'm just a forgettable, normal, invisible person, no one would ever want someone like me. So I decided to bury those feelings deep down and just be good friends with Y/n.

"Y/n-san, are you sure you're ok to close the shop by yourself? There have been robberies happening in the area recently and I don't want you getting hurt." I said to my friend, extremely worried for their safety. They just smiled and assured me that they'd be ok, but if it would make me feel better they would give me their number and we could call while they were closing things up, until they got back home. And that's just what we did, but before hanging up we made plans to hang out after volleyball practice next week, since they were given the day off.

No one's POV

The following week flew by, for Ennoshita it was filled with school and practice, so much so that he didn't have much time to visit Y/n at work. Which was fine for Y/n, they were busy with school and working the shop, their boss deciding that they needed to be open an hour later than before, meaning that the young employee had to close at 2 a.m. by themselves. It was not an ideal situation, but they needed the money, and it was better than being alone at home all the time.

It was during one of the warmest nights of the year, and because of this heat Ennoshita could not sleep. It was 12 a.m. and he just wanted to sleep, thankfully it was Saturday the next day and all practices got canceled.

Ennoshita got a notification on his phone from the local news channel.

LOCAL COFFEE SHOP ROBBED.

A local coffeeshop was robbed at 10 p.m. today. The suspect entered the shop, pulled out a gun, and held the cashier at gunpoint. At one point in time during the robbery, the cashier, a young high schooler, was shot and beaten. They have been rushed to the hospital and is in critical condition. The doctors aren't sure that they'll make it through the night.

Ennoshita gasped, he felt sick to his stomach, what if that was Y/n? The news didn't mention a name. Unable to take it anymore, Ennoshita called the coffee house where Y/n worked..... but there was no answer. Ennoshita began to panic, and rushed around his room, getting ready to leave. Once he had all his things, he ran out the door and in the direction of the coffee shop.......

Tbc.

I know I know. Why a cliff hanger? Because I want to start getting caught up more quickly. That and I didn't want to force myself to just focus on this one. I just need to end it here for now, and come back with a part 2 when I gather my thoughts on it.

Sorry

Reaper